RE: [Yuricon] Husky & Medley

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2011
      Thanks for the heads up, Mara!

      This is why the Yuri Network is so important. I can't be everywhere and know everything, so I rely on dedicated folks like you! ^_^

      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
      > Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 13:41:57 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Husky & Medley
      >
      > I was surprised that this has not turned up here when I found out about this seven chapter (far as I can tell) manga that is up for free on the artist's Pixiv account.
      >
      > http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=385
      >
      > What is nice about this is it adverts the major problem that has been that the climax of the story is simply two people realizing their mutual attraction. In Husky & Medley that is sorted out in the first chapter and the rest is, well, a pretty okay written story about a relationship.
      >
      > The other part is that the Medley character frequently talks about the relationship on a BBS and gets support and advice from the return posts there. Looking up this manga online I have heard people say that the manga is based on actual posts taken from a board however I have lost count of stories that claim that. Better to think of it as a device for characters to talk without it being a monologue.
      >
      > I'm not saying this is ground breaking or super amazing or anything but it is a nice little romance yuri story available for free so I wanted to make sure people know about it.

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Cristian
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2011
        The BBS posts are logged so at least that part of the story is real. Here's the last thread, for instance:

        http://lovevippers.blog35.fc2.com/blog-entry-183.html

        Whether what Medley told the folks there is true or not is another thing though. I personally think she was telling the true, but to each their own.

        2011/12/14 mara_papimer <in_the_name_of_union7@...>

[...]

      • Jaymie C
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2011
          i didn't know no one else knew about it, it's been up at Mangafox for a good long while.