Husky & Medley

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2011
      I was surprised that this has not turned up here when I found out about this seven chapter (far as I can tell) manga that is up for free on the artist's Pixiv account.

      http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=385

      What is nice about this is it adverts the major problem that has been that the climax of the story is simply two people realizing their mutual attraction. In Husky & Medley that is sorted out in the first chapter and the rest is, well, a pretty okay written story about a relationship.

      The other part is that the Medley character frequently talks about the relationship on a BBS and gets support and advice from the return posts there. Looking up this manga online I have heard people say that the manga is based on actual posts taken from a board however I have lost count of stories that claim that. Better to think of it as a device for characters to talk without it being a monologue.

      I'm not saying this is ground breaking or super amazing or anything but it is a nice little romance yuri story available for free so I wanted to make sure people know about it.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2011
        Thanks for the heads up, Mara!

        This is why the Yuri Network is so important. I can't be everywhere and know everything, so I rely on dedicated folks like you! ^_^

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
        > Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 13:41:57 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Husky & Medley
        >
        > I was surprised that this has not turned up here when I found out about this seven chapter (far as I can tell) manga that is up for free on the artist's Pixiv account.
        >
        > http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=385
        >
        > What is nice about this is it adverts the major problem that has been that the climax of the story is simply two people realizing their mutual attraction. In Husky & Medley that is sorted out in the first chapter and the rest is, well, a pretty okay written story about a relationship.
        >
        > The other part is that the Medley character frequently talks about the relationship on a BBS and gets support and advice from the return posts there. Looking up this manga online I have heard people say that the manga is based on actual posts taken from a board however I have lost count of stories that claim that. Better to think of it as a device for characters to talk without it being a monologue.
        >
        > I'm not saying this is ground breaking or super amazing or anything but it is a nice little romance yuri story available for free so I wanted to make sure people know about it.

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Cristian
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2011
          The BBS posts are logged so at least that part of the story is real. Here's the last thread, for instance:

          http://lovevippers.blog35.fc2.com/blog-entry-183.html

          Whether what Medley told the folks there is true or not is another thing though. I personally think she was telling the true, but to each their own.

          2011/12/14 mara_papimer <in_the_name_of_union7@...>

[...]

        • Jaymie C
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2011
            i didn't know no one else knew about it, it's been up at Mangafox for a good long while.