Re: Fate/Zero

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 5, 2011
      There should be a cheaper release I don't know if it will have English subtitles though.

      This is what Ufotable have done before though with their previous work Garden of Sinners. It too was released in DVD and then in BlueRay.

      My advice would be to save up and buy the blueray as it will be worth it if you have seen the extras and if you also look bay at Garden of Sinners buying the blue ray box will cost as much as buying all the DVD's individually.

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 5, 2011
        To answer the underlying question...media in Japan just is exceptionally expensive. CDs are very typically $30 USD, even when that was more than twice the going rate for a domestic CD.

        Movies are often ridiculously expensive and DVDs with two, sometimes even one episode of an anime can reach $60 USD, where we pay that for the whole box set. (Of course there are exceptions to this, like the Marimite movie, which was cheap at $30.)

        When I buy Takarazuka DVDs for instance, they go for approximately $100.

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
        > Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 10:10:36 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Fate/Zero
        >
        > There should be a cheaper release I don't know if it will have English subtitles though.
        >
        > This is what Ufotable have done before though with their previous work Garden of Sinners. It too was released in DVD and then in BlueRay.
        >
        > My advice would be to save up and buy the blueray as it will be worth it if you have seen the extras and if you also look bay at Garden of Sinners buying the blue ray box will cost as much as buying all the DVD's individually.
        >
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Candy" <sailor_mars_cf@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > News is aniplex is importing the 13 episode 5 blu ray japanese set for their american release for about 400 bucks... X_x Why is it that Japanese blu rays and general entertainment is so expensive there and will Aniplex release a 'cheaper' version state side of the blu rays?

      • mara_papimer
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 9, 2011
          Should have mentioned this right away:

          Although there is no yuri in Fate/Zero (only my opinion) there is a (kinda) openly bisexual character in the PSP game Fate/Extra which is yet another addition to the 'Fate' franchise.

          The saber class servant the player can pick will be come attracted to the protagonist (provided the right dislodge choices are made) regardless of the protagonists gender (you can choose at the start).

          I should mention that this saber is different to the saber of Fate/Stay Night although she looks nearly identical.

          Aksys Games has localized the game in North America so this game is available to buy in English, should that be your language of preference, or import if you live elsewhere as the PSP is not region locked.