RE: [Yuricon] Re: Fate/Zero

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
      I was thinking about her armor just yesterday, oddly enough. It still subtly highlight the breasts with the color shift, but yes, at least she's clothed and should someone try to axe her arm off, she's got something approaching a real shoulder pad to help deflect the blow. (Of course, she doesn't wear a helmet, but now I'm being absurd. If she wore a helmet we couldn't see her expressions. Pfft.) ^_^

      I still maintain that Fujieda Miyabi is the only clothing designer in anime or manga that doesn't do that - highlight secondary sexual characteristics through color or design, because zOMG! women have breasts and crotches! ^_^

      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: smithie_28@...
      > Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 23:30:49 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Fate/Zero
      >
      > Yes!! I'm glad you guys see it too. I fangirled over that SO much.
      >
      > Even though Saber looks hottest in the suit, I also appreciate her armor for actually looking like, you know, something that a fighter would wear for protection in battle, instead of Type Moon sticking her in bikini armor or something similarly stupid.

    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 5, 2011
        There should be a cheaper release I don't know if it will have English subtitles though.

        This is what Ufotable have done before though with their previous work Garden of Sinners. It too was released in DVD and then in BlueRay.

        My advice would be to save up and buy the blueray as it will be worth it if you have seen the extras and if you also look bay at Garden of Sinners buying the blue ray box will cost as much as buying all the DVD's individually.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 5, 2011
          To answer the underlying question...media in Japan just is exceptionally expensive. CDs are very typically $30 USD, even when that was more than twice the going rate for a domestic CD.

          Movies are often ridiculously expensive and DVDs with two, sometimes even one episode of an anime can reach $60 USD, where we pay that for the whole box set. (Of course there are exceptions to this, like the Marimite movie, which was cheap at $30.)

          When I buy Takarazuka DVDs for instance, they go for approximately $100.

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 2011
            Should have mentioned this right away:

            Although there is no yuri in Fate/Zero (only my opinion) there is a (kinda) openly bisexual character in the PSP game Fate/Extra which is yet another addition to the 'Fate' franchise.

            The saber class servant the player can pick will be come attracted to the protagonist (provided the right dislodge choices are made) regardless of the protagonists gender (you can choose at the start).

            I should mention that this saber is different to the saber of Fate/Stay Night although she looks nearly identical.

            Aksys Games has localized the game in North America so this game is available to buy in English, should that be your language of preference, or import if you live elsewhere as the PSP is not region locked.