Re: [Yuricon] Re: What's the big deal about Sailor Moon?

  • Grisznak
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 16, 2011
      OK, I just have to say that Erica was right. Why? Just two days before polish TV channel TV4 announced that they'll airing Sailor Moon since 1st of Decemeber. Yes, ten years passed since Sailor Moon was aired for the last time here. And now we have here it back! We're fourth country in Europe (after Italy, Albania and Portugal) where Sailor Moon will return.
      I just finished writing bir article about Sailor Moon for polish manga/anime magazine "Otaku" and I'm preparing a questions for an interview with TV4 representetive. Damn, I feel almost ten years younger now!
      cheers
      Grisznak

      2011/11/10 EricaF <anilesbocon01@...>

      Quick followup - a Japanese friend of mine, (in conversation, unprompted) just sent me this tweet: "Many Japanese teens still love Sailor moon so much."

      So, yes, it's still relevant there, as well. ^_^

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 16, 2011
        That's terrific news!

        I really hope that someone in America will license it, so we get it again (without the weird dub...)

        > OK, I just have to say that Erica was right. Why? Just two days before
        > polish TV channel TV4 announced that they'll airing Sailor Moon since 1st
        > of Decemeber. Yes, ten years passed since Sailor Moon was aired for the
        > last time here. And now we have here it back! We're fourth country in
        > Europe (after Italy, Albania and Portugal) where Sailor Moon will return.
        > I just finished writing bir article about Sailor Moon for polish
        > manga/anime magazine "Otaku" and I'm preparing a questions for an interview
        > with TV4 representetive. Damn, I feel almost ten years younger now!
        > cheers
        > Grisznak
        >
        > 2011/11/10 EricaF <anilesbocon01@...>
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Quick followup - a Japanese friend of mine, (in conversation, unprompted)
        > > just sent me this tweet: "Many Japanese teens still love Sailor moon so
        > > much."
        > >
        > > So, yes, it's still relevant there, as well. ^_^
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > >
        > > Erica

      • Resop
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 8, 2011
          I was kind of surprised to see that there was about 15 seconds of Yuri in Kamen Rider Den-O.

          In episode 40 due to some plot device involving changing the flow of time the older sister of the main character changes from being kind of spacey and Yamoto Nadeshiko like and suddenly becomes very out going and vivacious.  This causes the coffee shop that the two siblings run change from having an almost all male clientele to all female.  Also, in the story there are two bumbling male comic relief characters who try to catch the eye of the sister.  In the changed time version, there are two girls who are dressed up to look like the male comic relief characters, both of whom have the hots for the sister.