Re: [Yuricon] Re: Can anyone give recommendations?

  • Rei Shaw
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2011
      oops sorry, I missed that he was spefifically asking for manga.

      On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM, chibirachy <digiexpert@...> wrote:

      Since people also started listing shows...

      I'll second Simoun. That's my all time favorite of anything.
      I'll also second the BeeTrain series of Noir, Madlax, and El Cazador (to me, they got better with each show)
      I'll throw in Murder Princess. It does have a 2 volume manga, though out of print, but still cheap to find. Heavy subtext at parts, though I think it's more pronounced in the anime)
      Kiddy Grade is another subtext one, and Canaan is supposed to be great. I've got this, but haven't seen it. It is, however, pricy for a short series.
      I'm probably one of few, but I really hated Kashimashi, and could not watch more than 6 eps before quitting.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "ccfanboy" <ccfanboy@...> wrote:

      > Hi. I'm an Autistic male who just got into Yuri. I asked Erica for help so she recommended here. I am looking to vary my manga collection with some Yuri suited to my tastes. I've looked around but its hard to find stuff published in English. There are only 2 I have found so far. Strawberry Panic and Venus Versus Virus. I am aware of Blue Drop but it isn't published in English.
      >
      > I am looking for something with any (or a mix of) of the following themes: Science Fiction, Fighting, Fantasy. I am fine with good romantic stories and fan service (groping) sorry if that gives the wrong impression :( I am hoping to find stuff with bishoujo girls in it. Authors can be male or female.
      >
      > Are any of you who are fine with giving recommendations and can you help me? I really appreciate it ;)

    • ccfanboy
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
        Thanks for the help everyone. I'll probably find something I really like in all these. I'll get around to them as I find the time.

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "chibirachy" <digiexpert@...> wrote:

        > Since people also started listing shows...
        >
        > I'll second Simoun. That's my all time favorite of anything.
        > I'll also second the BeeTrain series of Noir, Madlax, and El Cazador (to me, they got better with each show)
        > I'll throw in Murder Princess. It does have a 2 volume manga, though out of print, but still cheap to find. Heavy subtext at parts, though I think it's more pronounced in the anime)
        > Kiddy Grade is another subtext one, and Canaan is supposed to be great. I've got this, but haven't seen it. It is, however, pricy for a short series.
        > I'm probably one of few, but I really hated Kashimashi, and could not watch more than 6 eps before quitting.

      • Joy Bordador
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 6, 2011
          I will definitely second Noir. Haven't had time to watch Madlax or El Cazador unfortunately, but as tomorrow's a holiday I may just might.

          Kiddy Grade is yuri light for me.

          I'm not sure why but I never really got into Simoun for some reason or other...