RE: [Yuricon] Re: New York Comic Con Quick Queer Comics Guide

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 16, 2011
      Lyn -

      It really was a great con for Queer Comics. The XX: Women of Queer Comics panel was amazing great.

      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: lynmarenjensen@...
      > Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:49:49 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New York Comic Con Quick Queer Comics Guide
      >
      > It's so nice to see the GLBT comics community so active in the overall comics scene and in the anti-censorship movement.
      >
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > This weekend in New York City is the New York Comic Con. To assist you with your programming planning, I've mapped out a Quick Guide to some key Queer Comics programming.
      > >
      > > http://www.yuricon.com/2011/10/12/new-york-comic-con-quick-queer-comics-guide/
      > >
      > > This isn't complete - there will be dozens of LGBT comic artists there, but these ought to get you off to a good start.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Erica

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 17, 2011
        That reminds me, was recording allowed in that panel or did someone take a transcript of it?

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 17, 2011
          No one recorded that panel that I am aware of.

          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
          > Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:24:40 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New York Comic Con Quick Queer Comics Guide
          >
          > That reminds me, was recording allowed in that panel or did someone take a transcript of it?
          >
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Lyn -
          > > It really was a great con for Queer Comics. The XX: Women of Queer Comics panel was amazing great.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Erica
          > > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > > > From: lynmarenjensen@...
          > > > Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:49:49 +0000
          > > > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New York Comic Con Quick Queer Comics Guide
          > > >
          > > > It's so nice to see the GLBT comics community so active in the overall comics scene and in the anti-censorship movement.

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Lyn
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 18, 2011
            It looks like people are interested in what the panel had to say. If there was no audio-visual available, did you blog about it, or do you plan to? I'd like to see the blog link if there is one.

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 19, 2011
              Since you've asked -

              My blog post about the XX: Women of Queer Comics Panel: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2011/10/nycc-panels-from-other-side-of-table.html

              Audio link of the XX: Women of Queer Comics Panel: http://is.gd/CeXU5H

              And my blog post about the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund "Defending Manga" Panel: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2011/10/nycc-panels-from-other-side-of-table_18.html

              And here's a report on the It Gets Better (With Comics!) panel: http://popculturenetwork.com/article.php?story=20111018092338853

              Enjoy!

            • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 20, 2011
                I found this. You can listen/download the audio from the panel.

                http://gay-nerds.com/site/comics/nycc2011-panel-xx-women-in-queer-comics/

                It looks like people are interested in what the panel had to say. If there was no audio-visual available, did you blog about it, or do you plan to? I'd like to see the blog link if there is one.

                > No one recorded that panel that I am aware of.

                > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
                > > Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:24:40 +0000
                > > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New York Comic Con Quick Queer Comics Guide
                > >
                > > That reminds me, was recording allowed in that panel or did someone take a transcript of it?
                > >
                > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@> wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Lyn -
                > > > It really was a great con for Queer Comics. The XX: Women of Queer Comics panel was amazing great.
                > > >
                > > > Cheers,
                > > > Erica

              • Lyn
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 20, 2011
                  Thanks for the posts! I tweeted 'em.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 20, 2011
                    > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: lynmarenjensen@...
                    > Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:01:46 +0000
                    > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Queer Panels from NYCC writeups and audio
                    >
                    > Thanks for the posts! I tweeted 'em.

                    You're very welcome. Thanks for sharing. ^_^