New York Comic Con Quick Queer Comics Guide

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 12, 2011
      This weekend in New York City is the New York Comic Con. To assist you with your programming planning, I've mapped out a Quick Guide to some key Queer Comics programming.

      http://www.yuricon.com/2011/10/12/new-york-comic-con-quick-queer-comics-guide/

      This isn't complete - there will be dozens of LGBT comic artists there, but these ought to get you off to a good start.

    • Lyn
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 13, 2011
        It's so nice to see the GLBT comics community so active in the overall comics scene and in the anti-censorship movement.

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 16, 2011
          Lyn -

          It really was a great con for Queer Comics. The XX: Women of Queer Comics panel was amazing great.

          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: lynmarenjensen@...
          > Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:49:49 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New York Comic Con Quick Queer Comics Guide
          >
          > It's so nice to see the GLBT comics community so active in the overall comics scene and in the anti-censorship movement.
          >
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > This weekend in New York City is the New York Comic Con. To assist you with your programming planning, I've mapped out a Quick Guide to some key Queer Comics programming.
          > >
          > > http://www.yuricon.com/2011/10/12/new-york-comic-con-quick-queer-comics-guide/
          > >
          > > This isn't complete - there will be dozens of LGBT comic artists there, but these ought to get you off to a good start.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > Erica

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • mara_papimer
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 17, 2011
            That reminds me, was recording allowed in that panel or did someone take a transcript of it?

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 17, 2011
              No one recorded that panel that I am aware of.

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 18, 2011
                It looks like people are interested in what the panel had to say. If there was no audio-visual available, did you blog about it, or do you plan to? I'd like to see the blog link if there is one.

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 19, 2011
                  Since you've asked -

                  My blog post about the XX: Women of Queer Comics Panel: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2011/10/nycc-panels-from-other-side-of-table.html

                  Audio link of the XX: Women of Queer Comics Panel: http://is.gd/CeXU5H

                  And my blog post about the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund "Defending Manga" Panel: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2011/10/nycc-panels-from-other-side-of-table_18.html

                  And here's a report on the It Gets Better (With Comics!) panel: http://popculturenetwork.com/article.php?story=20111018092338853

                  Enjoy!

                • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 20, 2011
                    I found this. You can listen/download the audio from the panel.

                    http://gay-nerds.com/site/comics/nycc2011-panel-xx-women-in-queer-comics/

                    It looks like people are interested in what the panel had to say. If there was no audio-visual available, did you blog about it, or do you plan to? I'd like to see the blog link if there is one.

                    > No one recorded that panel that I am aware of.

                    > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    > > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
                    > > Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:24:40 +0000
                    > > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New York Comic Con Quick Queer Comics Guide
                    > >
                    > > That reminds me, was recording allowed in that panel or did someone take a transcript of it?
                    > >
                    > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@> wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > Lyn -
                    > > > It really was a great con for Queer Comics. The XX: Women of Queer Comics panel was amazing great.
                    > > >
                    > > > Cheers,
                    > > > Erica

                  • Lyn
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 20, 2011
                      Thanks for the posts! I tweeted 'em.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 20, 2011
                        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: lynmarenjensen@...
                        > Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:01:46 +0000
                        > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Queer Panels from NYCC writeups and audio
                        >
                        > Thanks for the posts! I tweeted 'em.

                        You're very welcome. Thanks for sharing. ^_^