Back from Japan

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2011
      Hi all - I've just returned from my annual pilgrimage to Japan, this time to attend the Yuri-only doujinshi (small press or privately published comics)event "Girls Love Fest(http://www.lovefes.info/girlsindex-pc.html is the website - It is, of course, in Japanese.)

      We saw some old friends, and got to meet two Yuri Hime Magazine artists. Amano Shuninta was especially adorable. (She drew Sweet Guilty Love Bites: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2010/07/yuri-manga-sweet-guilty-love-bites.html)

      We handed out a few Yuricon "I Love Yuri" Pins and had a fantastic time.

      I was a little concerned it would be kinda creepy, as the attendee split was 30% women 70% men, but it wasn't at all. The artists were friendly, the space was pleasant and the whole atmosphere was fun and lively.

      Next year we hope to make Maiden's Garden Yuri doujinshi event in Kyoto.

      Here's the picture of all the swag we brought home with us. Topping the list is a copy of the Maria-sama ga Miteru live-action movie, which I am watching right now. ^_^

      http://okazu.blogspot.com/2011/09/back-from-japan.html