IDOLMaster on Crunchyroll

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23 5:21 PM
      There's a pretty popular game franchise for IDOLMaster and one of the most popular features (or so I infer from the massive amounts of doujinshi on the topic) is the implicit Yuri between some of the characters.

      And yet, when the anime was made they left that out. :-(

      I notice that this seems to be relatively standard practice when games are translated to anime. I know why, but it annoys me anyway. ^_^

      Anyway, if you want to watch IDOLMaster and see if you can figure out what the fans in Japan see by way of Yuri pairings, it's on Crunchyroll, too.

      As far as I can tell, it's a story about a bunch of girls who want to make it as pop idols. There's one guy, so it feels very Sakura Taisen/ Sakura Wars, without the steam mecha.

    • Rei Shaw
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23 6:24 PM
        Well there was at least one Idolmaster anime that actually had mecha... not steam powered but still.

        On a tangental note, It makes me said with all the implied yuri in Sakura Taisen... characters Tsubaki being shown in the manga to have a crush on Maria, and parings of the Otoko-yaku and Musume-yaku being heavily hinted at (almost outright stated in a couple places.) Why is there so very little Kanna/Sumire fan art when they seem like a perfect anime couple.

        Anyway from what I know of Idolm@ster the yuri might not be so implicit in the game... the game is basically about coreographing dance concerts more then anything else... There might be some subtext, but for the most part the game isn't about the characterization as the dancing. I'm wondering if the mass ammount of yuri isn't just a bi-product of a series that has had almost an entirely female cast until the more recent installments.

        Not that there's ever a reason to not have yuri.

        On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM, EricaF <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

        There's a pretty popular game franchise for IDOLMaster and one of the most popular features (or so I infer from the massive amounts of doujinshi on the topic) is the implicit Yuri between some of the characters.

        And yet, when the anime was made they left that out. :-(

        I notice that this seems to be relatively standard practice when games are translated to anime. I know why, but it annoys me anyway. ^_^

        Anyway, if you want to watch IDOLMaster and see if you can figure out what the fans in Japan see by way of Yuri pairings, it's on Crunchyroll, too.

        As far as I can tell, it's a story about a bunch of girls who want to make it as pop idols. There's one guy, so it feels very Sakura Taisen/ Sakura Wars, without the steam mecha.

      • Kumiko Yamazaki
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26 6:48 PM
          Just to put my two yen worth in :D...

          1.  Al ot of girls seem to crush on Makoto, because she's so boyish.  In the anime, the secretary, Kotori, was seen to be fantasizing about herself in a Shoujo manga with Makoto.  Furthermore, a photographer's female assistance passed out into a puddle of goo when Makoto did her 'cool' pose. :D  In the game, it's mentioned she has ALOT of female 'fans'. :)  Sadly Makoto seems to prefer guys...but oh well.  ^_^

          2. ALOT of people (including me) tend to ship Iori and Yayoi together.  This may have started because of the interest in a Rich Girl (Iori) / Poor Girl (Yayoi) pairing.  However, in many scenes they DO spend a large amount of their time together, so even putting romance to the side, Yayoi and Iori do seem to have a close friendship.

          And of course in my warped permanently yuri focused world, they are married and already have three daughters named Sachiko, Mariko and Bob. >.>

          Kumi-chan.

          p.s.  In the first Iori Idolmaster Talk show CD, Azusa does jokingly hit on Iori, but Iori protests this. XD

          On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Rei Shaw <rei.shaw@...> wrote:

[...]

          Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

          http://www.daresensei.net/

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 28 4:12 AM
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Kumiko Yamazaki <pretty.cure@...> wrote:

            > And of course in my warped permanently yuri focused world, they are married
            > and already have three daughters named Sachiko, Mariko and Bob. >.>
            >
            > Kumi-chan.

            Thanks for this guide to shipping IDOLMaster. Now you've made me want to watch it!

            Sachiko, Mariko and Bob, absolutely cracked me up. ^_^