Crunchyroll adds Yuru Yuri to summer simulcast lineup

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011
      At AnimeExpo today, Crunchyroll announced that they are adding the Yuri Hime slice-of-life with a light Yuri batter series "Yuru Yuri" to their summer simulcast lineup.

    • Lyn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2011
        Yuri batter? Not yuri banter or yuri barter? Is it a typo? If not, I doubt that this "batter" has anything to do with baseball--or cakes, so please explain! Thanks!

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2011
          I am just about the worst typist I know. ^_^

          That should have been "battered"

          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: lynmarenjensen@...
          > Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:24:06 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Crunchyroll adds Yuru Yuri to summer simulcast lineup
          >
          > Yuri batter? Not yuri banter or yuri barter? Is it a typo? If not, I doubt that this "batter" has anything to do with baseball--or cakes, so please explain! Thanks!
          >
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > At AnimeExpo today, Crunchyroll announced that they are adding the Yuri Hime slice-of-life with a light Yuri batter series "Yuru Yuri" to their summer simulcast lineup.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > Erica

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Lyn
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2011
            Thanks, that helps a little, but forgive me, I'm still not clear on the concept. Maybe you could explain a little more about what "Yuru Yuri" is? Is it battered as in well-worn, been through a war? Or does it have something to do with battered women?

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2011
              Hi Lyn -

              It's a slice of life series about a bunch of middle school girls hanging around doing nothing. There is some Yuri. Since Crunchyroll is free and legal, feel free to check it out and decide for yourself if you like it.

              It's based off a manga that runs in Comic Yuri Hime. I'm not a fan of the manga. I put a review of the anime up on Okazu today, I'd recommend not reading the review until you have formed your own opinion.