Re: Maria-sama ga Miteru Live action movie

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
      Again, as the presumed and intended audience for the movie was Japanese fans, the DVD release is probably pretty unlikely to have any subtitles of any kind.

      Cheers,

      Eruca

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "tregingigan" <coronet@...> wrote:

      > You mean english subs, I presume. What about Japanese subtitles? My listening & comprehension sucks, so it would be a great help.
      > Recently I bought a Tetsudou musume DVD, it hadn't any sub and it was a real pain.
      > Rob
      > >
      > > Well, you can buy the DVD from Amazon JP, where you *can* see the pages in English (not the titles, but the check out page and the buttons.) The link for the DVD is here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE26 Over the Pre-order link on the right is "Click Here to See this page in English."
      > >
      > > However, it's probably a good idea to remember that this a Japanese movie, made for a Japanese audience and there are no plans at the moment for an English release. There are unlikely to be subtitles on the DVD or on the Blu-Ray (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE1M).
      > >

      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Erica
      > >

      > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Delicious Vodka DeBlair <vossua@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I can't read Japanese.
      > > >
      > > > How do we contact these people?

    • iatheia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
        I disagree. For Japanese audience they are likely to put in Japanese subtitles, for variety of reasons. I have a couple of DVDs from Japan, and all of them do have subtitles. It is the same principle in the West. On practically all American-made DVDs you are likely to find English subtitles.

        Ida.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia" <iatheia@...> wrote:

          > I disagree. For Japanese audience they are likely to put in Japanese subtitles, for variety of reasons. I have a couple of DVDs from Japan, and all of them do have subtitles. It is the same principle in the West. On practically all American-made DVDs you are likely to find English subtitles.

          I think it's safe to say that the Marimite movie, which was clearly shot at a low budget, for a small, niche audience, is unlikely to be very sophisticated. There are no subtitles listed on the disk features. I hope I am wrong for your sake, but I believe that this release is unlikely to contain subtitles of any kind.