Re: Maria-sama ga Miteru Live action movie

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2011
      Well, you can buy the DVD from Amazon JP, where you *can* see the pages in English (not the titles, but the check out page and the buttons.) The link for the DVD is here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE26 Over the Pre-order link on the right is "Click Here to See this page in English."

      However, it's probably a good idea to remember that this a Japanese movie, made for a Japanese audience and there are no plans at the moment for an English release. There are unlikely to be subtitles on the DVD or on the Blu-Ray (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE1M).

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Delicious Vodka DeBlair <vossua@...> wrote:

      > I can't read Japanese.
      >
      > How do we contact these people?
      >
      > --- On Thu, 6/30/11, Yuricon@yahoogroups.com <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > >>  >The word has finally gone out that the Japanese release of the
      > >>  >Maria-sama ga Miteru Live action movie Blu-ray and DVD will go on
      > >>  >sale in Japan at the end of July:
      > >>  ><<http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html>http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html><http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html>http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html
      > >>  >
      > >>  >If you are wishing for an English release for this, Nozomi/RightStuf
      > >>  >had indicated to me that they are willing to hear the business case
      > >>  >for it. Write them and politely express that you are interested in
      > >>  >buying this should it come out in English. The more people who say
      > >>  >they will buy it, the better the business case for licensing it.

    • tregingigan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2 1:07 AM
        You mean english subs, I presume. What about Japanese subtitles? My listening & comprehension sucks, so it would be a great help.
        Recently I bought a Tetsudou musume DVD, it hadn't any sub and it was a real pain.
        Rob

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2 7:42 AM
          Again, as the presumed and intended audience for the movie was Japanese fans, the DVD release is probably pretty unlikely to have any subtitles of any kind.

          Cheers,

          Eruca

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "tregingigan" <coronet@...> wrote:

          > You mean english subs, I presume. What about Japanese subtitles? My listening & comprehension sucks, so it would be a great help.
          > Recently I bought a Tetsudou musume DVD, it hadn't any sub and it was a real pain.
          > Rob
          > >
          > > Well, you can buy the DVD from Amazon JP, where you *can* see the pages in English (not the titles, but the check out page and the buttons.) The link for the DVD is here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE26 Over the Pre-order link on the right is "Click Here to See this page in English."
          > >
          > > However, it's probably a good idea to remember that this a Japanese movie, made for a Japanese audience and there are no plans at the moment for an English release. There are unlikely to be subtitles on the DVD or on the Blu-Ray (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE1M).
          > >

          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > Erica
          > >

          > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Delicious Vodka DeBlair <vossua@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I can't read Japanese.
          > > >
          > > > How do we contact these people?

        • iatheia
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2 7:53 AM
            I disagree. For Japanese audience they are likely to put in Japanese subtitles, for variety of reasons. I have a couple of DVDs from Japan, and all of them do have subtitles. It is the same principle in the West. On practically all American-made DVDs you are likely to find English subtitles.

            Ida.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2 10:28 AM
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia" <iatheia@...> wrote:

              > I disagree. For Japanese audience they are likely to put in Japanese subtitles, for variety of reasons. I have a couple of DVDs from Japan, and all of them do have subtitles. It is the same principle in the West. On practically all American-made DVDs you are likely to find English subtitles.

              I think it's safe to say that the Marimite movie, which was clearly shot at a low budget, for a small, niche audience, is unlikely to be very sophisticated. There are no subtitles listed on the disk features. I hope I am wrong for your sake, but I believe that this release is unlikely to contain subtitles of any kind.