Re: Maria-sama ga Miteru Live action movie

  • Delicious Vodka DeBlair
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2011
      I can't read Japanese.

      How do we contact these people?

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2011
        Well, you can buy the DVD from Amazon JP, where you *can* see the pages in English (not the titles, but the check out page and the buttons.) The link for the DVD is here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE26 Over the Pre-order link on the right is "Click Here to See this page in English."

        However, it's probably a good idea to remember that this a Japanese movie, made for a Japanese audience and there are no plans at the moment for an English release. There are unlikely to be subtitles on the DVD or on the Blu-Ray (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE1M).

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Delicious Vodka DeBlair <vossua@...> wrote:

        > I can't read Japanese.
        >
        > How do we contact these people?
        >
        > --- On Thu, 6/30/11, Yuricon@yahoogroups.com <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > >>  >The word has finally gone out that the Japanese release of the
        > >>  >Maria-sama ga Miteru Live action movie Blu-ray and DVD will go on
        > >>  >sale in Japan at the end of July:
        > >>  ><<http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html>http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html><http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html>http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html
        > >>  >
        > >>  >If you are wishing for an English release for this, Nozomi/RightStuf
        > >>  >had indicated to me that they are willing to hear the business case
        > >>  >for it. Write them and politely express that you are interested in
        > >>  >buying this should it come out in English. The more people who say
        > >>  >they will buy it, the better the business case for licensing it.

      • tregingigan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2 1:07 AM
          You mean english subs, I presume. What about Japanese subtitles? My listening & comprehension sucks, so it would be a great help.
          Recently I bought a Tetsudou musume DVD, it hadn't any sub and it was a real pain.
          Rob

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2 7:42 AM
            Again, as the presumed and intended audience for the movie was Japanese fans, the DVD release is probably pretty unlikely to have any subtitles of any kind.

            Cheers,

            Eruca

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "tregingigan" <coronet@...> wrote:

            > You mean english subs, I presume. What about Japanese subtitles? My listening & comprehension sucks, so it would be a great help.
            > Recently I bought a Tetsudou musume DVD, it hadn't any sub and it was a real pain.
            > Rob
            > >
            > > Well, you can buy the DVD from Amazon JP, where you *can* see the pages in English (not the titles, but the check out page and the buttons.) The link for the DVD is here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE26 Over the Pre-order link on the right is "Click Here to See this page in English."
            > >
            > > However, it's probably a good idea to remember that this a Japanese movie, made for a Japanese audience and there are no plans at the moment for an English release. There are unlikely to be subtitles on the DVD or on the Blu-Ray (http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0052ROE1M).
            > >

            > > Cheers,
            > >
            > > Erica
            > >

            > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Delicious Vodka DeBlair <vossua@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I can't read Japanese.
            > > >
            > > > How do we contact these people?

          • iatheia
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2 7:53 AM
              I disagree. For Japanese audience they are likely to put in Japanese subtitles, for variety of reasons. I have a couple of DVDs from Japan, and all of them do have subtitles. It is the same principle in the West. On practically all American-made DVDs you are likely to find English subtitles.

              Ida.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2 10:28 AM
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia" <iatheia@...> wrote:

                > I disagree. For Japanese audience they are likely to put in Japanese subtitles, for variety of reasons. I have a couple of DVDs from Japan, and all of them do have subtitles. It is the same principle in the West. On practically all American-made DVDs you are likely to find English subtitles.

                I think it's safe to say that the Marimite movie, which was clearly shot at a low budget, for a small, niche audience, is unlikely to be very sophisticated. There are no subtitles listed on the disk features. I hope I am wrong for your sake, but I believe that this release is unlikely to contain subtitles of any kind.