Re: New Shimura Takako manga online

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 12, 2011
      Not so much "out" as patron/star, which has roots in oh, every society humans have ever had.

      Yeah, TK has been vehement about any taint of lesbianism...for many reasons.

      When the troupe was begun, Freudianpsychology has just hit the shores of Japan, and you know he was pretty emphatic that same-sex relationships were immature and potentially harmful. Upt that point, Japanese culture had no particular taboos against it, but when science said it was a perversion and bad....it suddenly became bad.

      Then there were some infamous scandals back in the 20s and 30s with some of the Takarisiennes being see in shady places with shady people, behaving shadily.

      Since Takarazuka was created to develop young women into good wives and wise mothers, that didn't look so good, so they cracked down hard.

      The whole idea behing TK as a school was a sort of finishing school, where good would go to become poised and accomplished - not to develop personalities, or sexual interests.

      To this day, according to official records and spokespeople there are no lesbians in Takarazuka, and why would you even ask such a ridiculous thing?