(OT) Yuri and Gay Romance options in mass effect and Yuri video games in general

  • shenotski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2011
      http://gnews.com/mass-effect-3-offers-same-sex-romance-options-17201108055616/

      The next article i do feel brings up a good point that could help with understanding. Long story short : ben "yahtzee" croshaw roleplayed as a gay charecter in Dragon Age 2

      http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/8768-Extra-Punctuation-Roleplaying-Homosexual-in-Dragon-Age-2

      I don't think that this has come up in the group yet or not but i feel it's a good point of discussion. Id argue if you want to help with what we refer to as tolerance (I don't like the term myself because it denotes that there's something annoying aobut being gay) for homosexuality video games are probably the place to go after those that would listen to that kind of a message.

      This i view is because games as a medium are still pretty new it's not like books or movies where the expectations are set in stone be it their delivery or what kind of genre they are in. Because they aren't set in society yet they are the perfect place for things which haven't been allowed to be the focus in other mediums(both good and bad).

      Just some food for thought. Given that this is a discussion group and i wish to hear some discussion on this. Besides romance 'Novels' are there any Yuri Games you guys can think of?