Re: [Yuricon] Yuricon (OT) Utena VOice Actress Passes Away

  • Allison P
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2011
      Sad news, this. She did a great job voicing Utena.

      On 6/10/11, Nick Perez <vanezzania@...> wrote:
      > Tomoko Kawakami, the lady who provided us with the voice of Utena from great
      > yuri epic Revolutionary Utena has passed away.  They are not specific on
      > what killed but I hope she can reast peace and my prayers and thoughts go
      > out to her love ones.
      >
      > http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-10/utena-voice-actress-tomoko-kawakami-passes-away
    • Katherine
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2011
        My thoughts are with her loved ones also. She did wonderful work and, I'm sure, was a lovely person. May she rest in peace.

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Nick Perez <vanezzania@...> wrote:

        > Tomoko Kawakami, the lady who provided us with the voice of Utena from great yuri epic Revolutionary Utena has passed away.  They are not specific on what killed but I hope she can reast peace and my prayers and thoughts go out to her love ones.
        >
        > http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-10/utena-voice-actress-tomoko-kawakami-passes-away

      • shenotski
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 10, 2011
          Update: The Sankei Shimbun newspaper reported that Kawakami had been undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 2011
            I'm terribly saddened to have heard of the death of Kawakami Tomoko, voice of Tenjou Utena, Kris Kristopher and many other beloved characters. R.I.P. Kawakami-san.

            Sincerely,

            Erica