Yuricon (OT) Utena VOice Actress Passes Away

  • Nick Perez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2011
      Tomoko Kawakami, the lady who provided us with the voice of Utena from great yuri epic Revolutionary Utena has passed away.  They are not specific on what killed but I hope she can reast peace and my prayers and thoughts go out to her love ones.

    • Allison P
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2011
        Sad news, this. She did a great job voicing Utena.

        On 6/10/11, Nick Perez <vanezzania@...> wrote:
        > Tomoko Kawakami, the lady who provided us with the voice of Utena from great
        > yuri epic Revolutionary Utena has passed away.  They are not specific on
        > what killed but I hope she can reast peace and my prayers and thoughts go
        > out to her love ones.
        >
        > http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-10/utena-voice-actress-tomoko-kawakami-passes-away
      • Katherine
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 10, 2011
          My thoughts are with her loved ones also. She did wonderful work and, I'm sure, was a lovely person. May she rest in peace.

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Nick Perez <vanezzania@...> wrote:

          > Tomoko Kawakami, the lady who provided us with the voice of Utena from great yuri epic Revolutionary Utena has passed away.  They are not specific on what killed but I hope she can reast peace and my prayers and thoughts go out to her love ones.
          >
          > http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-10/utena-voice-actress-tomoko-kawakami-passes-away

        • shenotski
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2011
            Update: The Sankei Shimbun newspaper reported that Kawakami had been undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 12, 2011
              I'm terribly saddened to have heard of the death of Kawakami Tomoko, voice of Tenjou Utena, Kris Kristopher and many other beloved characters. R.I.P. Kawakami-san.

              Sincerely,

              Erica