Re: [Yuricon] What are we reading today?

  • coral_saenz@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 15, 2011
      I am reading Maria-sama fan fiction, there is a neat little story that has caught my eye, and, I think I have time to start reading it today.

      Currently debating what series to start reading next, I'm pretty much looking at english translations of Yuri.

      On the last topic, I will be starting Japanese at a college in my area this August, and hoping it will give me more good incentive to be able to buy more Yuri anime/ manga, and even more importantly, open up the doors of the choice I have, regarding what to read, as english and german are my only fluent and readable languages at the present.

      I hope to be able to start reading, albeit slowly, some of these titles I hear about, in their origin language.

      in the meantime, I may pick up some new manga at the bookstore, if I could find something I haven't already bought ! :)

      Coral

      From: "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@...>
      Sender: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 14:35:50 -0000
      To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Yuricon] What are we reading today?

      I'm taking today to catch up on some reading. My pile has Yuri Hime, R.O.D. 6 Light Novel and a manga I don't know where I got or what it's called. ^_^ I wonder why I bought it?

      What's your reading pile look like?

    • Shane
      Message 2 of 13 , May 15, 2011
        Hayate X Blade and I am finding it utterly addicting and wondering why no one has made an anime yet.

        From: "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@...>
        Sender: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 14:35:50 -0000
        To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>

        Message 3 of 13 , May 16, 2011
          My conjecture is that Hayashiya Shizuru-sensei does not want an anime. She shifted from Dengeki Daioh, a magazine with a very high manga to short-run anime ration, to Ultra Jump, a magazine with a much lower manga to anime ratio.

          Like most manga, if it were to become an anime, her influence would be minimal and the director - whoever he was  (and it would almost certainly be a he) - would be able to run roughshod over her ideas. It seems to me that she's got a very specific idea of what she wants, and is unlikely to cede control to someone else.

          Bearing in mind that she writes for a Japanese audience, not a western one, she has allowed a number of very funny Drama CDs to be made. It's obvious that she maintains control of those - she's writing the scripts and assisting in the process. (This is not conjecture, it's in the credits.) So, it's a safe bet that if a manga that's gone 14 volumes and is still on-going, is not being considered for an anime, there's a very, very good reason for it.

          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          From: haruka_clone@...
          Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 19:31:22 -0700
          Subject: Re: [Yuricon] What are we reading today?

          Hayate X Blade and I am finding it utterly addicting and wondering why no one has made an anime yet.

          From: "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@...>
          Sender: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 14:35:50 -0000
          To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

          I'm taking today to catch up on some reading. My pile has Yuri Hime, R.O.D. 6 Light Novel and a manga I don't know where I got or what it's called. ^_^ I wonder why I bought it?

          What's your reading pile look like?

        • sandman7ca2002
          Message 4 of 13 , May 16, 2011
            I have on my stack, Girlfriends Vol. 1, Aoi Hana Vol. 3 and 4, and 9 volumes of Yotsuba&. Feels daunting each time I look at the stack.

            Thankfully I have this weekend free to catch up. It's been a crazy couple of months so far.

            Marc M.

            > My conjecture is that Hayashiya Shizuru-sensei does not want an anime. She shifted from Dengeki Daioh, a magazine with a very high manga to short-run anime ration, to Ultra Jump, a magazine with a much lower manga to anime ratio.
            >

            > Like most manga, if it were to become an anime, her influence would be minimal and the director - whoever he was (and it would almost certainly be a he) - would be able to run roughshod over her ideas. It seems to me that she's got a very specific idea of what she wants, and is unlikely to cede control to someone else.
            >

            > Bearing in mind that she writes for a Japanese audience, not a western one, she has allowed a number of very funny Drama CDs to be made. It's obvious that she maintains control of those - she's writing the scripts and assisting in the process. (This is not conjecture, it's in the credits.) So, it's a safe bet that if a manga that's gone 14 volumes and is still on-going, is not being considered for an anime, there's a very, very good reason for it.

            > http://www.yuricon.org

            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: haruka_clone@...
            > Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 19:31:22 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] What are we reading today?

            > Hayate X Blade and I am finding it utterly addicting and wondering why no one has made an anime yet.
            >

            > From: "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@...>
            > Sender: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 14:35:50 -0000To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>ReplyTo: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [Yuricon] What are we reading today?
            >

            > I'm taking today to catch up on some reading. My pile has Yuri Hime, R.O.D. 6 Light Novel and a manga I don't know where I got or what it's called. ^_^ I wonder why I bought it?
            >

            > What's your reading pile look like?

          • Lyn
            Message 5 of 13 , May 16, 2011
              For manga, I'm working my way through the "Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow" series, and for an ordinary old-fashioned novel, I'm tackling all 900-plus pages of "Forever Amber."

              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "sandman7ca2002" <sandman7ca2002@...> wrote:

              > I have on my stack, Girlfriends Vol. 1, Aoi Hana Vol. 3 and 4, and 9 volumes of Yotsuba&. Feels daunting each time I look at the stack.
              >
              > Thankfully I have this weekend free to catch up. It's been a crazy couple of months so far.
              >
              > Marc M.
              >
              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@> wrote:
              > >

              > > My conjecture is that Hayashiya Shizuru-sensei does not want an anime. She shifted from Dengeki Daioh, a magazine with a very high manga to short-run anime ration, to Ultra Jump, a magazine with a much lower manga to anime ratio.
              > >

              > > Like most manga, if it were to become an anime, her influence would be minimal and the director - whoever he was (and it would almost certainly be a he) - would be able to run roughshod over her ideas. It seems to me that she's got a very specific idea of what she wants, and is unlikely to cede control to someone else.
              > >

              > > Bearing in mind that she writes for a Japanese audience, not a western one, she has allowed a number of very funny Drama CDs to be made. It's obvious that she maintains control of those - she's writing the scripts and assisting in the process. (This is not conjecture, it's in the credits.) So, it's a safe bet that if a manga that's gone 14 volumes and is still on-going, is not being considered for an anime, there's a very, very good reason for it.
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > >

              > > Erica
              > >

              > > Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
              > > http://www.yuricon.org
              > >
              > > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com
              > >

              > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: haruka_clone@
              > > Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 19:31:22 -0700
              > > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] What are we reading today?

              > > Hayate X Blade and I am finding it utterly addicting and wondering why no one has made an anime yet.
              > >

              > > From: "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@>
              > > Sender: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > > Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 14:35:50 -0000To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>ReplyTo: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > > Subject: [Yuricon] What are we reading today?
              > >

              > > I'm taking today to catch up on some reading. My pile has Yuri Hime, R.O.D. 6 Light Novel and a manga I don't know where I got or what it's called. ^_^ I wonder why I bought it?
              > >

              > > What's your reading pile look like?

            • mara_papimer
              Message 6 of 13 , May 16, 2011
                For manga: I have just got a hold of Jormungand 7 at last so that is me sorted for lady based fan service and Black Butler 5 + Code Geass Knights 3 for gentlemanly fan service.

                For novels: A friend has allowed me to borrow his collection of the Dresden Files which I find irritably macho but gradually improving with each book. Other than that my main focus is both the Trinity Blood light novel series; whose insufferable macho-ness I don't notice because all the guys are good looking.

                For visual novels: I am more waiting for two releases by Light, Vermilion and Kajiri Kamui Kagura. The latter of witch has a story so Japanese they decided to orientate the text right to left, top to bottom like a novel. Having read the trail version not only is the text but the menus are too. Even the 'save' and 'load' buttons are in Kanji instead of katakana. (http://www.light.gr.jp/light/products/kajirikamuikagura/index.html)

                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@...> wrote:

                > For manga, I'm working my way through the "Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow" series, and for an ordinary old-fashioned novel, I'm tackling all 900-plus pages of "Forever Amber."
                >
                > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "sandman7ca2002" <sandman7ca2002@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I have on my stack, Girlfriends Vol. 1, Aoi Hana Vol. 3 and 4, and 9 volumes of Yotsuba&. Feels daunting each time I look at the stack.
                > >
                > > Thankfully I have this weekend free to catch up. It's been a crazy couple of months so far.
                > >
                > > Marc M.
                > >
                > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@> wrote:
                > > >

                > > > My conjecture is that Hayashiya Shizuru-sensei does not want an anime. She shifted from Dengeki Daioh, a magazine with a very high manga to short-run anime ration, to Ultra Jump, a magazine with a much lower manga to anime ratio.
                > > >

                > > > Like most manga, if it were to become an anime, her influence would be minimal and the director - whoever he was (and it would almost certainly be a he) - would be able to run roughshod over her ideas. It seems to me that she's got a very specific idea of what she wants, and is unlikely to cede control to someone else.
                > > >

                > > > Bearing in mind that she writes for a Japanese audience, not a western one, she has allowed a number of very funny Drama CDs to be made. It's obvious that she maintains control of those - she's writing the scripts and assisting in the process. (This is not conjecture, it's in the credits.) So, it's a safe bet that if a manga that's gone 14 volumes and is still on-going, is not being considered for an anime, there's a very, very good reason for it.
                > > >
                > > > Cheers,
                > > >

                > > > Erica
                > > >

                > > > Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
                > > > http://www.yuricon.org
                > > >
                > > > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com
                > > >

                > > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > > > From: haruka_clone@
                > > > Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 19:31:22 -0700
                > > > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] What are we reading today?

                > > > Hayate X Blade and I am finding it utterly addicting and wondering why no one has made an anime yet.
                > > >

                > > > From: "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@>
                > > > Sender: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > > > Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 14:35:50 -0000To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>ReplyTo: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > > > Subject: [Yuricon] What are we reading today?
                > > >

                > > > I'm taking today to catch up on some reading. My pile has Yuri Hime, R.O.D. 6 Light Novel and a manga I don't know where I got or what it's called. ^_^ I wonder why I bought it?
                > > >

                > > > What's your reading pile look like?

              • Val
                Message 7 of 13 , May 17, 2011
                  My lovely, shiny, new Hayate X Blade Omnibus 2!
                  Jun, Yuho, Ayana, Hayate, Hitsugi...What more could I ask for?
                  Life is good.

                  > I'm taking today to catch up on some reading. My pile has Yuri Hime, R.O.D. 6 Light Novel and a manga I don't know where I got or what it's called. ^_^ I wonder why I bought it?
                  >
                  > What's your reading pile look like?

                • sabrina
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 17, 2011
                    I finished re-reading First Love Sisters and it was good. I don't know if there will be another volume or not. But I hope so.

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 18, 2011
                      Not from Seven Seas. There were a number of issues with their relationship with Ichijinsha that prevented them from finishing up the series. They appear to be exclusively licensing from Media Works now.

                      Here's my review of Volume 3, if you'd like to see what you're missing: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2008/06/yuri-manga-hatsukoi-shimai-volume-3.html

                      It was a series that I liked more for the Drama CDs they made of it than of the manga. If Paku Romi hadn't voiced Touko-sensei so sexily, I'm not sure if I would have given the series the time of day. (^_^)