Re: Maria-sama ga Miteru Live Action Movie DVD release info

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 11, 2011
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Eureka Tumangday <amorsheen@...> wrote:

      > --- Thank God, finally they will release a good Live Action English version of Maria-sama ga Miteru.

      ...I said that Nozomi/RighStuf is willing to be convinced to try and license it. Not that they *have* licensed it.

    • Anna Haapaniemi
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 27, 2011
        Re: [Yuricon] Maria-sama ga Miteru Live Action Movie DVD r

        Saw a poster at the convinience store for this just a few days ago. Slightly under 10,000yen for the Blueray & DVD, including some extra stuff. Release date 7/29. I'm very tempted, but then again I don't even have a TV, let alone a DVD or BR-player...feels like alot for something I will look on at my laptop...but I want it!

        ...I wonder if they will rent if at my local Tsutaya if i wait some while...

        Also, they used the sales of the drama CD:s as proof of what popular a series it is. I only have the manga and anime, so I never really realised the CD:s were that big a part of the franchise...

        //Anna

        The word has finally gone out that the Japanese release of the Maria-sama ga Miteru Live action movie Blu-ray and DVD will go on sale in Japan at the end of July: http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html

        If you are wishing for an English release for this, Nozomi/RightStuf had indicated to me that they are willing to hear the business case for it. Write them and politely express that you are interested in buying this should it come out in English. The more people who say they will buy it, the better the business case for licensing it.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 28, 2011
          I definitely would not say it's worth the Blu-Ray. I loved it, don't get me wrong, but the movie was shot with one boom mike and one steady-cam. When you see it, you'll understand why I say that. ^_^;;

          The floors squeak. Loudly.

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Anna Haapaniemi <nelver@...> wrote:

          > Saw a poster at the convinience store for this just a few days ago.
          > Slightly under 10,000yen for the Blueray & DVD, including some extra
          > stuff. Release date 7/29. I'm very tempted, but then again I don't
          > even have a TV, let alone a DVD or BR-player...feels like alot for
          > something I will look on at my laptop...but I want it!
          >
          > ...I wonder if they will rent if at my local Tsutaya if i wait some while...
          >
          > Also, they used the sales of the drama CD:s as proof of what popular
          > a series it is. I only have the manga and anime, so I never really
          > realised the CD:s were that big a part of the franchise...
          >
          > //Anna
          >

          > >The word has finally gone out that the Japanese release of the
          > >Maria-sama ga Miteru Live action movie Blu-ray and DVD will go on
          > >sale in Japan at the end of July:
          > ><http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html>http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html
          > >
          > >If you are wishing for an English release for this, Nozomi/RightStuf
          > >had indicated to me that they are willing to hear the business case
          > >for it. Write them and politely express that you are interested in
          > >buying this should it come out in English. The more people who say
          > >they will buy it, the better the business case for licensing it.
          > >
          > >Cheers,
          > >
          > >Erica

        • tregingigan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 29, 2011
            I don't mind too much about the technical quality. Kinda low budget product, I presume.
            But, what about actresses recitation? I heard they are all idols and the likes. Usually this isn't a good thing.
            Rob

            > I definitely would not say it's worth the Blu-Ray. I loved it, don't get me wrong, but the movie was shot with one boom mike and one steady-cam. When you see it, you'll understand why I say that. ^_^;;
            >
            > The floors squeak. Loudly.

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Anna Haapaniemi <nelver@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Saw a poster at the convinience store for this just a few days ago.
            > > Slightly under 10,000yen for the Blueray & DVD, including some extra
            > > stuff. Release date 7/29. I'm very tempted, but then again I don't
            > > even have a TV, let alone a DVD or BR-player...feels like alot for
            > > something I will look on at my laptop...but I want it!
            > >
            > > ...I wonder if they will rent if at my local Tsutaya if i wait some while...
            > >
            > > Also, they used the sales of the drama CD:s as proof of what popular
            > > a series it is. I only have the manga and anime, so I never really
            > > realised the CD:s were that big a part of the franchise...
            > >
            > > //Anna
            > >

            > > >The word has finally gone out that the Japanese release of the
            > > >Maria-sama ga Miteru Live action movie Blu-ray and DVD will go on
            > > >sale in Japan at the end of July:
            > > ><http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html>http://www.mariasama-movie.jp/blu-ray_dvd_information.html
            > > >
            > > >If you are wishing for an English release for this, Nozomi/RightStuf
            > > >had indicated to me that they are willing to hear the business case
            > > >for it. Write them and politely express that you are interested in
            > > >buying this should it come out in English. The more people who say
            > > >they will buy it, the better the business case for licensing it.
            > > >
            > > >Cheers,
            > > >
            > > >Erica

          • Anna Haapaniemi
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 29, 2011
              [Yuricon] Re: Maria-sama ga Miteru Live Action Movie DVD r
              Haha. I see ;P Guess I will wait and see if they get a rental version out, and then amybe go for the DVD if I like it.

              Thank you for your input^^

              //Anna

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011
                I wrote a review of the movie when I saw it in Osaka in November. You can find the whole thing here: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2010/11/tales-of-osaka.html

                The tl;dr version is that it was loads of fun and I cannot wait! to see it on DVD.

                Every actress was clearly picked for one specific trait or look that fit that character - Yumi could widen her eyes to play size, Shimako has an angelic smile, Youko did an unerringly accurate Youko, Kashiwagi had a great voice....even if he looked like a schlub.

                It was lovingly low-budget. Not tacky at all.