Question about the Yuricon website.

  • Eleanor Stevens
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2011
      Sorry if this is repetitive or it's been asked, I only lightly skimmed the archives for an answer to my question. I recently tried to access the Yuricon website and my virus scan and Google Chrome both said it had just tried to attack my computer with malicious software. Has this happened to anyone else? Also has the site moved and I am not aware of it? It's not a super pressing question but it's a curious one.

      Eleanor Stevens
      Graphic Designer

      http://www.racoondogstudio.com/
    • chibirachy
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21, 2011
        I just went to access the site to see if I got what you did, and as soon as I clicked the link, Norton notified me of an attack to my computer. I clicked the details and it was from the site, and listed as "HTTP Neosploit Toolkit Activity 1" with a high risk.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 21, 2011
          I'm terribly sorry about this! Someone told me there was a problem, but I wasn't seeing anything wrong. I've scanned the site, I've checked the code and I've checked the links, but I'm still not seeing anything.

          I'll check into it.

          To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21, 2011
            I've sent an email to our webhost, but for the moment, please avoid the site. I'll let you know when we're clear.

            I've had a bunch of people test the site and it seems that only Norton is picking this up, so I don't know if the problem is the site, or Norton.

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "chibirachy" <digiexpert@...> wrote:

            > I just went to access the site to see if I got what you did, and as soon as I clicked the link, Norton notified me of an attack to my computer. I clicked the details and it was from the site, and listed as "HTTP Neosploit Toolkit Activity 1" with a high risk.
            >
            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Eleanor Stevens <captaintita@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Sorry if this is repetitive or it's been asked, I only lightly skimmed the archives for an answer to my question. I recently tried to access the Yuricon website and my virus scan and Google Chrome both said it had just tried to attack my computer with malicious software. Has this happened to anyone else? Also has the site moved and I am not aware of it? It's not a super pressing question but it's a curious one.
            > >
            > > Eleanor Stevens
            > >
            > > Graphic Designer
            > >

            > > http://www.racoondogstudio.com/

          • CaptainTita
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 21, 2011
              I actually don't have Norton, I have "Avast!" and my Web Browser is Google Chrome which has built in stops for malicious sites. Don't know if that helps any, but I've found over the years to trust "Avast!" it's usually right.