Seiyuu still not heard from

  • sarcastic_weasel
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2011
      It's been a week since the multiple disasters of 3/11 hit Japan, and many seiyuu have yet to be heard from, and that has a lot of fans anxious. (When I found out that Itou Miki was one of them, I have to admit I got nervous, too.)

      Hashihime has blogged about it already, and here are links to some resources online fans both here and there are using to keep track of who has been heard from, and who hasn't.

      Hashihime's post:
      http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2011/03/earthquake-seiyuus-still-not-heard-from.html

      A Google spreadsheet listing who has checked in (and by implication, who has not.) It's not complete, but it's a good start:
      http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&hl=en&key=tJGqk96XYAsMueFout6fz4Q&authkey=CNjfz9sC#gid=0

      A link to the seiyuu who haven't been heard from on a Japanese wiki:
      http://www45.atwiki.jp/seiyu-live/pages/15.html

      If you know Japanese, you can use the menu on the site to find other seiyuu who have checked in. (Although this site doesn't do attributions very well, as was pointed out on Hashihime's blog.)

      Here's hoping everyone is found safe and sound.

      -sw.
    • Rei Shaw
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18, 2011
        Wow the first site said Oirikasa Ai and Mayumi Tanaka were missing the spreadsheet has both of them checking in.

        Phew. Here's hoping everybody checks in safe and sound.
      • Johann Chua
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 18, 2011
          On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 3:17 PM, sarcastic_weasel
          <sarcastic_weasel@...> wrote:
          > A Google spreadsheet listing who has checked in (and by implication, who has not.) It's not
          > complete, but it's a good start:
          > http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&hl=en&key=tJGqk96XYAsMueFout6fz4Q&authkey=CNjfz9sC#gid=0

          Thanks for posting this. Aya Hisakawa is now confirmed safe. Last
          week she was still unconfirmed since she doesn't use Twitter and the
          like.
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 18, 2011
            I understand that people are feeling helpless and scared, but please remember several crucial things:

            1) There are rolling blackouts and communications lines are down periodically in Japan.

            2) These people are not your friends. They have lives and concerns outside your own.

            Think about it more carefully - if you were in a crisis and could not get on line, what is the MOST important thing you'd be worried about? Your family? Your friends? Or people you barely know in other countries who are worried about you?

            There are many seiyuu that have checked in, but that does not mean we have any cause to panic because a few have not. It's not sensible, it's not reasonable.

            To combat these feelings of helplessness, start a fundraising effort in your area and contribute to a cause you feel will do the most good with the money. Shelter Boxes, Doctors Without Borders, whatever seems best. It will give you something to *do* rather than worry about things entirely out of your control.