Re: Nozomi/RightStuf Announces the 1st Revolutionary Girl Utena Box Set

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 17, 2011
      > Let see if they got anything like the extras on the 10th aniversary disk this
      > should be quite the treat. From my set what i can remember is every disk had
      > links right to the duels. The live action theater, interviews with the creator
      > and voice actors.

      Looks like we're getting it all. ^_^

      From the press release:

      DVD Features:
      Scene access, remastered video from the recent Japanese DVD re-release, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio for English and Japanese dialogue, new Dolby 5.1 audio for Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and English on-screen translations. PLUS: Clean opening, clean closing, live-action video for opening single, TV spot for opening single, and TV spots for the Japanese remastered DVD release. AND: A book featuring content from the recent, limited-edition Japanese DVD box set, including episode commentary, a discussion of the updated audio and video, discussions about the series' opening and closing sequences, and production notes from the Japanese laser disc release (part 1).
    • Rei Shaw
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 17, 2011
        I've never seen the musicals in full (and I'm a sucker for musicals in general and anime based musicals in particular have tons of the Sailor Moon and Sakura Taisen ones) the only copy I saw was obviously abridged with title cards explaining what happened between the musical numbers.

        On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 9:02 PM, shenotski <isaacfrankfischer@...> wrote:

        Let see if they got anything like the extras on the 10th aniversary disk this should be quite the treat. From my set what i can remember is every disk had links right to the duels. The live action theater, interviews with the creator and voice actors.

      • shenotski
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 18, 2011
          http://www.ohtori.nu/anniversary/ a look at the 10 anniversary sets for those interested. Unfortunately I don't think they're in print anymore.

          > Looks like we're getting it all. ^_^
          >
          > From the press release:
          >
          > DVD Features:
          > Scene access, remastered video from the recent Japanese DVD re-release, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio for English and Japanese dialogue, new Dolby 5.1 audio for Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and English on-screen translations. PLUS: Clean opening, clean closing, live-action video for opening single, TV spot for opening single, and TV spots for the Japanese remastered DVD release. AND: A book featuring content from the recent, limited-edition Japanese DVD box set, including episode commentary, a discussion of the updated audio and video, discussions about the series' opening and closing sequences, and production notes from the Japanese laser disc release (part 1).

        • Candy
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 19, 2011
            i preordered it during their nozomi sale and got it for 33 so far. I have a friend who is wondering if their gonna release a non limited edition set later. She's not sure if she wants to preorder it now or try and pick it up later.