Re: [Yuricon] Earthquake in Japan

  • Kumiko Yamazaki
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2011
      My prayers go out to them.  Lets hope they are in contact soon. :(

      On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Nick Perez <vanezzania@...> wrote:

      The older sister of my contact in Japan sent me an e-mail via their joint account saying that my contact is in Tokyo with their father, they weren't in Sendai at the time, but she has broken her wrist and is staying there until she heals.  Their eldest brother is in Osaka with the sister and her fiance, there grandmother is safe a long with their aunt but she has suffered injuries to things I do don't know about.  However, their mother, youngst brother, and uncle are missing....

      God, why did this have to happen...

      --
      =============================
      Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

      http://www.daresensei.net/

    • yoni-1@empathosnation.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2011
        I just heard from a friend in Yokohama who with his family, are fortunately relatively unaffected by the initial shock, but the nation is dealing with rolling blackouts and food shortages, and his family is among those who will have to struggle with those problems.  The whole nation is going to have difficulties for quite some time, so they will need all the help they can get.

        If you wish to help, there is a list of charities that are giving aid to the people affected by this disaster at http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/impact.your.world/

        Charuko

        中町茶流子
        Nakamachi Charuko