Re: [Yuricon] 8.9 Earthquake in Japan

  • XTNa
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11, 2011
      Thanks for this.

      I'm still awaiting word from my aunt, but it's good to know all your folks are safe and accounted for.

      Christina
      Sent from my iPhone

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 11, 2011
        Christina -

        We'll keep our fingers crossed that you hear from your aunt soon!

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: indigo_veil@...
        > Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:05:49 -0500
        > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] 8.9 Earthquake in Japan
        >
        > Thanks for this.
        >
        > I'm still awaiting word from my aunt, but it's good to know all your folks are safe and accounted for.
        >
        > Christina
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Mar 11, 2011, at 11:52 AM, "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
        >
        > > By now, most of you have heard that there was an extremely powerful earthquake in Japan. It measured 8.9 and is considered to be the worst ever recorded. This has been followed by strong aftershocks. Tsunamis measuring 10 meters high are hitting the coast of Sendai and Fukushima. And unfortunately, but not surprisingly, fires are breaking out in some areas.
        > >
        > > I have spent the morning contacting our friends, colleagues and acquaintances in Japan. So far, we're receiving positive responses from everyone. Even our friends in Hokkaido seem to be safe at the moment.
        > >
        > > Of course, we all are sending good thoughts and prayers to everyone in Japan.
        > >
        > > If you are not philosophically opposed to supporting the Red Cross, you can Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the international relief fund for Japan. I am not endorsing the Red Cross and there are other reputable rescue and relief organizations. Please follow your conscience and do what you think is right and best in regards to offering relief.
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > >
        > > Erica

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Kumiko Yamazaki
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11, 2011
          My Grannnie and Auntie contacted us yesterday and told us they were fine.Love to all

          Kumi.

          --
          =============================
          Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

          http://www.daresensei.net/

        • Nick Perez
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 12, 2011
            My online contact in Japan lives in Sendai, one the areas hit, but I do know that her father is a traveling businessman and usually takes his family with him so I hope they're alright.  Her older sister lives in Osaka and they hold a joint e-mail so I fired one off last night, I am praying for their safety. Unfortunatefly, I know that her uncle worked at a power plant I just hope it wasn't the one that exploded.
            I am praying with all my might.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 12, 2011
              I am so glad to hear it Kumiko!

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 12, 2011
                We'll join you in your prayers, Nick.

                If they live in the area around the Fukushima plant, they will have been evacuated by now.

                Erica