Re: [Yuricon] Re: The seasonal - SO, what are we reading/watching thread?

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 29, 2011
      I'm only really watching Hourou Musuko this season, but so far it's
      proving to be utterly delightful. (I really wish somebody would see
      their way clear to licensing Shimura Takako's work in English.)

      Due to the lack of interesting current shows, I'm also watching
      Princess Tutu for the first time, which is great fun. Needless to say,
      watching Black Swan in the cinema whilst halfway through Tutu was a
      strange experience; I spent an entire evening waiting for Natalie
      Portman to turn into a duck. :)
      .oO("i do not mean that malicly but with humor." )
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 29, 2011
        The problem with licensing Aoi Hana is *still* the lack of a critical mass for audience. If Fantagraphics does well with Wandering Son, there's certainly a better chance that Aoi Hana could get picked up. Fantagraphics, at least, doesn't expect crazy sales, since it is an art-house shop. But for a company that needs to sell about 4000 copies to break even, Aoi Hana is just on the risky side. If Wandering Son gets some traction, then Aoi Hana might have the power to do well.

        Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com"

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: adam@...
        > Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:37:46 +0000
        > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: The seasonal - SO, what are we reading/watching thread?
        >
        > I'm only really watching Hourou Musuko this season, but so far it's
        > proving to be utterly delightful. (I really wish somebody would see
        > their way clear to licensing Shimura Takako's work in English.)
        >
        > Due to the lack of interesting current shows, I'm also watching
        > Princess Tutu for the first time, which is great fun. Needless to say,
        > watching Black Swan in the cinema whilst halfway through Tutu was a
        > strange experience; I spent an entire evening waiting for Natalie
        > Portman to turn into a duck. :)
        > --
        > Adam Jones (adam@...)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
        > .oO("i do not mean that malicly but with humor." )

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 29, 2011
          On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 10:04:27 -0500, Erica Friedman
          <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

          > The problem with licensing Aoi Hana is *still* the lack of a critical
          > mass for audience. If Fantagraphics does well with Wandering Son,
          > there's certainly a better chance that Aoi Hana could get picked up.

          I hadn't realised that someone had picked up the manga. So, that's
          just gone on my pre-order list - thanks. :)
          .oO("If I ever grow a penis, I'll keep that in mind." )