RE: [Yuricon] Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 7, 2010
      I quite liked it for what it was. I'm not particularly interested in a dub, but it is  an indication that the series has done well enough in sales to warrant one.

      I wish Simoun and Starwberry panic had done that well, but I'm told they both had very lukewarm sales.

      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      From: mujiochan@...
      Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:45:00 -0800
      Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!

      Hi I have Vol  1-3 in japanese and 2-3 in english, i have seen the subs, I LOVE IT. I think it's cute and I love the artwork. I'm in Australia so I don't know how long I will have to wait for it to come out here -_-  but It is good news. I hope the dub are good voices.
      L*A*I*N xx

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 7, 2010
        We probably have to wait for something official, but someone discovered this:

        http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=466306108715&set=a.442676968715.232323.290841438715&comments&ref=mf

        "#
        Peter Guthro This is awesome now all that needs to be done is a dubbed re-release of Strawberry Panic :D
        December 3 at 12:42pm ·
        #
        The official Media Blasters page! ‎@ Peter that will be coming in 2011 sometime ;)."

        > I quite liked it for what it was. I'm not particularly interested in a dub, but it is an indication that the series has done well enough in sales to warrant one.
        >

        > I wish Simoun and Starwberry panic had done that well, but I'm told they both had very lukewarm sales.

        > http://www.yuricon.org

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: mujiochan@...
        > Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:45:00 -0800
        > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!

        > Hi I have Vol 1-3 in japanese and 2-3 in english, i have seen the subs, I LOVE IT. I think it's cute and I love the artwork. I'm in Australia so I don't know how long I will have to wait for it to come out here -_- but It is good news. I hope the dub are good voices.
        > L*A*I*N xx

      • Pachy
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 8, 2010

          > I quite liked it for what it was. I'm not particularly interested in a dub, but it is an indication that the series has done well enough in sales to warrant one.

          One of my hopes is that the work on the English dub might help influence improving the subtitles--such as have all the characters refer to Hazumu as a 'she' when they clearly think of her as one, rather than the prior sloppy subtitling where everyone keeps calling Hazumu a 'he' until later in the series (yes, I heard there aren't really any gender pronouns in the Japanese language, but still). Or maybe that'll be fixed only in the dub, I don't know--Pachy