Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!

Expand Messages
  • Kumiko Yamazaki
    I loved Kashimashi... it made me feel awwwww gooey with lots of cute romance and stuff. *^^* Kumi. ... -- ============================= Dare Sensei - The
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      I loved Kashimashi... it made me feel awwwww gooey with lots of cute romance and stuff. *^^*

      Kumi.

      On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM, EricaF <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
      They are also putting out a dub of Loveless, which had a wonderful Yuri arc.

      More interesting to me is Moribito on Blu-Ray....

      Cheers,

      Erica

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:
      >
      > Oh, Media Blasters! Your surprises amuses me immensely!
      >
      > http://www.mania.com/media-blasters-adds-vocal-collections_article_126754.html
      >
      > I say it's a good indicator that Kashimashi sold really well continuously when it was sub-only.
      >




      ------------------------------------

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
         http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yuricon/

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yuricon/join
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
         Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
         Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/




      --
      =============================
      Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

      http://www.daresensei.net/

    • Mujio Ikari
      Hi I have Vol  1-3 in japanese and 2-3 in english, i have seen the subs, I LOVE IT. I think it s cute and I love the artwork. I m in Australia so I don t know
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 6, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi I have Vol  1-3 in japanese and 2-3 in english, i have seen the subs, I LOVE IT. I think it's cute and I love the artwork. I'm in Australia so I don't know how long I will have to wait for it to come out here -_-  but It is good news. I hope the dub are good voices.
        L*A*I*N xx


        --- On Fri, 3/12/10, JoSelle Vanderhooft <upstart.crow@...> wrote:

        From: JoSelle Vanderhooft <upstart.crow@...>
        Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!
        To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        Received: Friday, 3 December, 2010, 11:42 AM

         

        Oooh! Great news :)

        I've been curious about this one for awhile. Yuriconers, what are your thoughts on Kashimashi? have you liked it?

        - Jo

        On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM, puyopop34 <darkchibi07@...> wrote:
         

        Oh, Media Blasters! Your surprises amuses me immensely!

        http://www.mania.com/media-blasters-adds-vocal-collections_article_126754.html

        I say it's a good indicator that Kashimashi sold really well continuously when it was sub-only.




        --
        Author, poet and editor:
        Latest publication: Sleeping Beauty Indeed (http://tinyurl.com/sleepingbeautyindeed)

        For more information visit http://www.joselle-vanderhooft.com, JoSelle's Official Site

         
      • Erica Friedman
        I quite liked it for what it was. I m not particularly interested in a dub, but it is an indication that the series has done well enough in sales to warrant
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 7, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          I quite liked it for what it was. I'm not particularly interested in a dub, but it is  an indication that the series has done well enough in sales to warrant one.


          I wish Simoun and Starwberry panic had done that well, but I'm told they both had very lukewarm sales.


          Cheers,


          Erica


          Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated." http://www.yuricon.org
          Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com






          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          From: mujiochan@...
          Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:45:00 -0800
          Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!



          Hi I have Vol  1-3 in japanese and 2-3 in english, i have seen the subs, I LOVE IT. I think it's cute and I love the artwork. I'm in Australia so I don't know how long I will have to wait for it to come out here -_-  but It is good news. I hope the dub are good voices.
          L*A*I*N xx


          --- On Fri, 3/12/10, JoSelle Vanderhooft <upstart.crow@...> wrote:

          From: JoSelle Vanderhooft <upstart.crow@...>
          Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!
          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          Received: Friday, 3 December, 2010, 11:42 AM

           
          Oooh! Great news :)

          I've been curious about this one for awhile. Yuriconers, what are your thoughts on Kashimashi? have you liked it?

          - Jo


          On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM, puyopop34 <darkchibi07@...> wrote:
           
          Oh, Media Blasters! Your surprises amuses me immensely!

          http://www.mania.com/media-blasters-adds-vocal-collections_article_126754.html

          I say it's a good indicator that Kashimashi sold really well continuously when it was sub-only.





          --
          Author, poet and editor:
          Latest publication: Sleeping Beauty Indeed (http://tinyurl.com/sleepingbeautyindeed)

          For more information visit http://www.joselle-vanderhooft.com, JoSelle's Official Site

           

        • puyopop34
          We probably have to wait for something official, but someone discovered this:
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 7, 2010
          • 0 Attachment
            We probably have to wait for something official, but someone discovered this:

            http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=466306108715&set=a.442676968715.232323.290841438715&comments&ref=mf

            "#
            Peter Guthro This is awesome now all that needs to be done is a dubbed re-release of Strawberry Panic :D
            December 3 at 12:42pm ·
            #
            The official Media Blasters page! ‎@ Peter that will be coming in 2011 sometime ;)."

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            > I quite liked it for what it was. I'm not particularly interested in a dub, but it is an indication that the series has done well enough in sales to warrant one.
            >
            >
            > I wish Simoun and Starwberry panic had done that well, but I'm told they both had very lukewarm sales.
            >
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Erica
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
            > http://www.yuricon.org
            >
            > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: mujiochan@...
            > Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:45:00 -0800
            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Hi I have Vol 1-3 in japanese and 2-3 in english, i have seen the subs, I LOVE IT. I think it's cute and I love the artwork. I'm in Australia so I don't know how long I will have to wait for it to come out here -_- but It is good news. I hope the dub are good voices.
            > L*A*I*N xx
            >
            >
            > --- On Fri, 3/12/10, JoSelle Vanderhooft <upstart.crow@...> wrote:
            >
            > From: JoSelle Vanderhooft <upstart.crow@...>
            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > Received: Friday, 3 December, 2010, 11:42 AM
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Oooh! Great news :)
            >
            > I've been curious about this one for awhile. Yuriconers, what are your thoughts on Kashimashi? have you liked it?
            >
            > - Jo
            >
            >
            > On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM, puyopop34 <darkchibi07@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Oh, Media Blasters! Your surprises amuses me immensely!
            >
            >
            >
            > http://www.mania.com/media-blasters-adds-vocal-collections_article_126754.html
            >
            >
            >
            > I say it's a good indicator that Kashimashi sold really well continuously when it was sub-only.
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > --
            > Author, poet and editor:
            > Latest publication: Sleeping Beauty Indeed (http://tinyurl.com/sleepingbeautyindeed)
            >
            >
            > For more information visit http://www.joselle-vanderhooft.com, JoSelle's Official Site
            >
          • Pachy
            ... One of my hopes is that the work on the English dub might help influence improving the subtitles--such as have all the characters refer to Hazumu as a
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 8, 2010
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
              >
              >
              > I quite liked it for what it was. I'm not particularly interested in a dub, but it is an indication that the series has done well enough in sales to warrant one.

              One of my hopes is that the work on the English dub might help influence improving the subtitles--such as have all the characters refer to Hazumu as a 'she' when they clearly think of her as one, rather than the prior sloppy subtitling where everyone keeps calling Hazumu a 'he' until later in the series (yes, I heard there aren't really any gender pronouns in the Japanese language, but still). Or maybe that'll be fixed only in the dub, I don't know--Pachy
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.