Looking for some recommendations

  • JoSelle Vanderhooft
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2010
      Hi group!

      I'm an anime and manga fan who has pretty much decided to (at least for now) only spend my limited time and money on yuri/girl's love titles. That said, I'd love some recommendations. :)

      Yuri/girl's love and/or titles with lots of yuri subtext that I've enjoyed so far include:

      * Blue Drop (I really, really adored this, though the ending disappointed me somewhat)
      * Revolutionary Girl Utena
      * Mai Otome (I haven't seen My-Hime yet but I plan to)
      * Simoun
      * Rose of Versailles (though I haven't seen very much of it)
      * Azumanga Daioh

      Titles I haven't enjoyed as much include:

      * Kannazuki no Miko (though I wonder if I just 'didn't get' this one since it has a lot of fans)
      * Strike Witches (it's cute, but the plot didn't keep my interest)

      I'm also not adverse to looking at ecchi titles if the ecchi isn't gratuitous and if there's an actual plot. I tend to prefer SF/fantasy/horror to non-SF/f/h stories (like girls' school dramas), but feel free to recommend anything whther or not it falls into my genres of choice :)

      Thanks so much, folks.

      - Jo

      --
      Author, poet and editor: