Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl gets an English dub!!!

  • JoSelle Vanderhooft
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
      Oooh! Great news :)

      I've been curious about this one for awhile. Yuriconers, what are your thoughts on Kashimashi? have you liked it?

      - Jo

      On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM, puyopop34 <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

      Oh, Media Blasters! Your surprises amuses me immensely!

      http://www.mania.com/media-blasters-adds-vocal-collections_article_126754.html

      I say it's a good indicator that Kashimashi sold really well continuously when it was sub-only.

      --
      Author, poet and editor:
      Latest publication: Sleeping Beauty Indeed (http://tinyurl.com/sleepingbeautyindeed)

      For more information visit http://www.joselle-vanderhooft.com, JoSelle's Official Site
    • Pachy
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

        > Oh, Media Blasters! Your surprises amuses me immensely!
        >
        > http://www.mania.com/media-blasters-adds-vocal-collections_article_126754.html
        >
        > I say it's a good indicator that Kashimashi sold really well continuously when it was sub-only.

        Coolness!--Pachy
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
          They are also putting out a dub of Loveless, which had a wonderful Yuri arc.

          More interesting to me is Moribito on Blu-Ray....

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

          > Oh, Media Blasters! Your surprises amuses me immensely!
          >
          > http://www.mania.com/media-blasters-adds-vocal-collections_article_126754.html
          >
          > I say it's a good indicator that Kashimashi sold really well continuously when it was sub-only.

        • Kumiko Yamazaki
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
            I loved Kashimashi... it made me feel awwwww gooey with lots of cute romance and stuff. *^^*

            Kumi.

            On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM, EricaF <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
            They are also putting out a dub of Loveless, which had a wonderful Yuri arc.

            More interesting to me is Moribito on Blu-Ray....

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

            > Oh, Media Blasters! Your surprises amuses me immensely!
            >
            > http://www.mania.com/media-blasters-adds-vocal-collections_article_126754.html
            >
            > I say it's a good indicator that Kashimashi sold really well continuously when it was sub-only.

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
               Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
            =============================
            Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

            http://www.daresensei.net/

          • Mujio Ikari
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 6, 2010
              Hi I have Vol  1-3 in japanese and 2-3 in english, i have seen the subs, I LOVE IT. I think it's cute and I love the artwork. I'm in Australia so I don't know how long I will have to wait for it to come out here -_-  but It is good news. I hope the dub are good voices.
              L*A*I*N xx

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 7, 2010
                I quite liked it for what it was. I'm not particularly interested in a dub, but it is  an indication that the series has done well enough in sales to warrant one.

                I wish Simoun and Starwberry panic had done that well, but I'm told they both had very lukewarm sales.

                To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                From: mujiochan@...
                Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:45:00 -0800

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 7, 2010
                  We probably have to wait for something official, but someone discovered this:

                  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=466306108715&set=a.442676968715.232323.290841438715&comments&ref=mf

                  "#
                  Peter Guthro This is awesome now all that needs to be done is a dubbed re-release of Strawberry Panic :D
                  December 3 at 12:42pm ·
                  #
                  The official Media Blasters page! ‎@ Peter that will be coming in 2011 sometime ;)."

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 8, 2010

                    > I quite liked it for what it was. I'm not particularly interested in a dub, but it is an indication that the series has done well enough in sales to warrant one.

                    One of my hopes is that the work on the English dub might help influence improving the subtitles--such as have all the characters refer to Hazumu as a 'she' when they clearly think of her as one, rather than the prior sloppy subtitling where everyone keeps calling Hazumu a 'he' until later in the series (yes, I heard there aren't really any gender pronouns in the Japanese language, but still). Or maybe that'll be fixed only in the dub, I don't know--Pachy