Re: Mai Hime? Or My Otome?

  • Allan M
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
      I have seen Mai Hime and My Otome
      if you want the high school magical girl anime - Mai Hime
      if you want the soldier maids with magical powers anime - My Otome

      both are very good, I'm gonna recommend to watch them both
      Shiznat is one sided in Hime, Shiznat is subtext in Otome
      and if you dont know what Shiznat is watch Mai Hime first

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <szeweii@...> wrote:

      > Greetings to all the fine folk of the Yuricon group!
      >
      > Lately, my friends have been pestering me to check out the anime called Mai Hime. At the same time, another group of friends have been telling me that My-Otome is better and more fun to watch.
      >
      > As far as I know, aren't they both by the same creators and share pretty much the same characters? Is the story that different that my friends have such split opinions?
      >
      > For someone like me who enjoys humour (slapstick or boob gags are fine by me), and good action scenes, which is the better of the 2 to check out? And if I wind up watching both, which one should I start with?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Val

    • Pachy
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <szeweii@...> wrote:

        > Greetings to all the fine folk of the Yuricon group!
        >
        > Lately, my friends have been pestering me to check out the anime called Mai Hime. At the same time, another group of friends have been telling me that My-Otome is better and more fun to watch.
        >
        > As far as I know, aren't they both by the same creators and share pretty much the same characters? Is the story that different that my friends have such split opinions?
        >
        > For someone like me who enjoys humour (slapstick or boob gags are fine by me), and good action scenes, which is the better of the 2 to check out? And if I wind up watching both, which one should I start with?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Val

        Since My Hime came first, one should watch that first. In a way it makes My Otome a more interesting viewing, because we're seeing the same characters but in a whole another setting/world, and some of them just being different people this time around--Pachy
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2010
          Mai Hime was, for the first 24 episodes, excellent. Then they blew it to hell.

          Mai Otome was ridiculous from beginning to end, but it was consistently fun.

          I'd watch Mai Hime first, then Otomoe, so you know *why* Otome is silly, when it's silly and enjoy both for being the same and different.

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <szeweii@...> wrote:

          > Greetings to all the fine folk of the Yuricon group!
          >
          > Lately, my friends have been pestering me to check out the anime called Mai Hime. At the same time, another group of friends have been telling me that My-Otome is better and more fun to watch.
          >
          > As far as I know, aren't they both by the same creators and share pretty much the same characters? Is the story that different that my friends have such split opinions?
          >
          > For someone like me who enjoys humour (slapstick or boob gags are fine by me), and good action scenes, which is the better of the 2 to check out? And if I wind up watching both, which one should I start with?
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Val

        • puyopop34
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2010
            Ugh, the bad taste of Mai Hime's ending still lingers. Seriously, what were the staff of Sunrise THINKING?!! ARGH!!!

            I haven't seen Mai Otome yet, but if what people say about it being consistent throughout WITH a consistent ending, then I consider it worthy.