Re: DMP and Yuri

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 31, 2010
      I have never heard of this series and know nothing about it, but I present for your edification, the list of tags that it had gathered on Baka-Updates:

      All Boys School Androphobia Boarding School Crossdressing Gag LGBT Character in a Non-Yaoi/Yuri Manga Manly/Handsome Female Rich kids Sadist Short Boy

      I call your attention to Rich Kids and Sadist and let you decide for yourself.

      My mind immediately leaps to this is a Boy's School version of Maria+Holic, with the same hatred of women and desire to torture a young lesbian as "comedy" at the heart of it.

      It sounds to me (based on just on nothing but my gut) utterly dire. I'm sorry, too, because I respect DMP, but blecch.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

      > That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!
      >
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

    • nanatsusaya_mitamanotsurugi
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
        hmm .. sounds interesting... thous it is a wierd concept.. but guess its gonna be fun
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Resop <resop2@...> wrote:

        > Unless the girl finds true love at the school with some other girl whose parents also bought into the ludicrous concept.

      • Lyn
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
          Granted, if this manga plot is being described accurately (which isn't always the case) it doesn't appeal to me. However, a girl in a boys' school (or boys' environment) seems a common enough manga trope. You find it in "This is Greenwood" and "Host Club" and that basketball manga where a girl's father forces her to play on a boys' team. I suspect this story belongs in that genre.

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
            ok… this is really downright crappy … the art work is nice and everything… trust me u will be glad u missed this one… i he read upto 7th chapter… and it was a hightly enraging experience… but hen it has nothing to do with yuri… its just a gender bender story...

            > I have never heard of this series and know nothing about it, but I present for your edification, the list of tags that it had gathered on Baka-Updates:
            >
            > All Boys School Androphobia Boarding School Crossdressing Gag LGBT Character in a Non-Yaoi/Yuri Manga Manly/Handsome Female Rich kids Sadist Short Boy
            >
            > I call your attention to Rich Kids and Sadist and let you decide for yourself.
            >
            > My mind immediately leaps to this is a Boy's School version of Maria+Holic, with the same hatred of women and desire to torture a young lesbian as "comedy" at the heart of it.
            >
            > It sounds to me (based on just on nothing but my gut) utterly dire. I'm sorry, too, because I respect DMP, but blecch.

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@> wrote:
            > >
            > > That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!
            > >
            > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

          • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
              So who here's doing NaNoWriMo?

              I am. Full determination!

            • Zovistograt
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                I am for the first time!  It's going to be a fun ride =w=

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                  My dream is to be published. (insert starry eyed expression)

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                    LOlzz my aim is to first start… O.o then for bleedin heaven's sake complete it… @_@