Re: [Yuricon] Re: DMP and Yuri

  • JoSelle Vanderhooft
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010
      I can't find much about this series when I google, so I have no idea how much/if they play around with this idea but, yeah, it does sound like a fairly awful premise.

      On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 7:49 PM, puyopop34 <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

      That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!

      --
      Author, poet and editor:
      Latest publication: Sleeping Beauty Indeed (http://tinyurl.com/sleepingbeautyindeed)

      For more information visit http://www.joselle-vanderhooft.com, JoSelle's Official Site
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 31, 2010
        I have never heard of this series and know nothing about it, but I present for your edification, the list of tags that it had gathered on Baka-Updates:

        All Boys School Androphobia Boarding School Crossdressing Gag LGBT Character in a Non-Yaoi/Yuri Manga Manly/Handsome Female Rich kids Sadist Short Boy

        I call your attention to Rich Kids and Sadist and let you decide for yourself.

        My mind immediately leaps to this is a Boy's School version of Maria+Holic, with the same hatred of women and desire to torture a young lesbian as "comedy" at the heart of it.

        It sounds to me (based on just on nothing but my gut) utterly dire. I'm sorry, too, because I respect DMP, but blecch.

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

        > That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!
        >
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

      • nanatsusaya_mitamanotsurugi
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
          hmm .. sounds interesting... thous it is a wierd concept.. but guess its gonna be fun
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Resop <resop2@...> wrote:

          > Unless the girl finds true love at the school with some other girl whose parents also bought into the ludicrous concept.

        • Lyn
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
            Granted, if this manga plot is being described accurately (which isn't always the case) it doesn't appeal to me. However, a girl in a boys' school (or boys' environment) seems a common enough manga trope. You find it in "This is Greenwood" and "Host Club" and that basketball manga where a girl's father forces her to play on a boys' team. I suspect this story belongs in that genre.

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
              ok… this is really downright crappy … the art work is nice and everything… trust me u will be glad u missed this one… i he read upto 7th chapter… and it was a hightly enraging experience… but hen it has nothing to do with yuri… its just a gender bender story...

              > I have never heard of this series and know nothing about it, but I present for your edification, the list of tags that it had gathered on Baka-Updates:
              >
              > All Boys School Androphobia Boarding School Crossdressing Gag LGBT Character in a Non-Yaoi/Yuri Manga Manly/Handsome Female Rich kids Sadist Short Boy
              >
              > I call your attention to Rich Kids and Sadist and let you decide for yourself.
              >
              > My mind immediately leaps to this is a Boy's School version of Maria+Holic, with the same hatred of women and desire to torture a young lesbian as "comedy" at the heart of it.
              >
              > It sounds to me (based on just on nothing but my gut) utterly dire. I'm sorry, too, because I respect DMP, but blecch.

              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@> wrote:
              > >
              > > That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!
              > >
              > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

            • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                So who here's doing NaNoWriMo?

                I am. Full determination!

              • Zovistograt
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                  I am for the first time!  It's going to be a fun ride =w=

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                    My dream is to be published. (insert starry eyed expression)

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                      LOlzz my aim is to first start… O.o then for bleedin heaven's sake complete it… @_@