Re: DMP and Yuri

  • puyopop34
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010
      That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@...> wrote:

      > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

    • JoSelle Vanderhooft
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010
        I can't find much about this series when I google, so I have no idea how much/if they play around with this idea but, yeah, it does sound like a fairly awful premise.

        --
        Author, poet and editor:
        Latest publication: Sleeping Beauty Indeed (http://tinyurl.com/sleepingbeautyindeed)

        For more information visit http://www.joselle-vanderhooft.com, JoSelle's Official Site
      • Resop
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010
          Unless the girl finds true love at the school with some other girl whose parents also bought into the ludicrous concept.

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 31, 2010
            I have never heard of this series and know nothing about it, but I present for your edification, the list of tags that it had gathered on Baka-Updates:

            All Boys School Androphobia Boarding School Crossdressing Gag LGBT Character in a Non-Yaoi/Yuri Manga Manly/Handsome Female Rich kids Sadist Short Boy

            I call your attention to Rich Kids and Sadist and let you decide for yourself.

            My mind immediately leaps to this is a Boy's School version of Maria+Holic, with the same hatred of women and desire to torture a young lesbian as "comedy" at the heart of it.

            It sounds to me (based on just on nothing but my gut) utterly dire. I'm sorry, too, because I respect DMP, but blecch.

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

            > That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!
            >
            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

          • nanatsusaya_mitamanotsurugi
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
              hmm .. sounds interesting... thous it is a wierd concept.. but guess its gonna be fun
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Resop <resop2@...> wrote:

              > Unless the girl finds true love at the school with some other girl whose parents also bought into the ludicrous concept.

            • Lyn
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                Granted, if this manga plot is being described accurately (which isn't always the case) it doesn't appeal to me. However, a girl in a boys' school (or boys' environment) seems a common enough manga trope. You find it in "This is Greenwood" and "Host Club" and that basketball manga where a girl's father forces her to play on a boys' team. I suspect this story belongs in that genre.

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                  ok… this is really downright crappy … the art work is nice and everything… trust me u will be glad u missed this one… i he read upto 7th chapter… and it was a hightly enraging experience… but hen it has nothing to do with yuri… its just a gender bender story...

                  > I have never heard of this series and know nothing about it, but I present for your edification, the list of tags that it had gathered on Baka-Updates:
                  >
                  > All Boys School Androphobia Boarding School Crossdressing Gag LGBT Character in a Non-Yaoi/Yuri Manga Manly/Handsome Female Rich kids Sadist Short Boy
                  >
                  > I call your attention to Rich Kids and Sadist and let you decide for yourself.
                  >
                  > My mind immediately leaps to this is a Boy's School version of Maria+Holic, with the same hatred of women and desire to torture a young lesbian as "comedy" at the heart of it.
                  >
                  > It sounds to me (based on just on nothing but my gut) utterly dire. I'm sorry, too, because I respect DMP, but blecch.

                  > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!
                  > >
                  > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

                • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                    So who here's doing NaNoWriMo?

                    I am. Full determination!

                  • Zovistograt
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                      I am for the first time!  It's going to be a fun ride =w=

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                        My dream is to be published. (insert starry eyed expression)

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                          LOlzz my aim is to first start… O.o then for bleedin heaven's sake complete it… @_@