Re: [Yuricon] DMP and Yuri

  • Nick Perez
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010
      Is Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi an actual yuri or is it one of those gay-lesbian to straight stories?

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010
        That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@...> wrote:

        > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

      • JoSelle Vanderhooft
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010
          I can't find much about this series when I google, so I have no idea how much/if they play around with this idea but, yeah, it does sound like a fairly awful premise.

          --
          Author, poet and editor:
          Latest publication: Sleeping Beauty Indeed (http://tinyurl.com/sleepingbeautyindeed)

          For more information visit http://www.joselle-vanderhooft.com, JoSelle's Official Site
        • Resop
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 29, 2010
            Unless the girl finds true love at the school with some other girl whose parents also bought into the ludicrous concept.

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 31, 2010
              I have never heard of this series and know nothing about it, but I present for your edification, the list of tags that it had gathered on Baka-Updates:

              All Boys School Androphobia Boarding School Crossdressing Gag LGBT Character in a Non-Yaoi/Yuri Manga Manly/Handsome Female Rich kids Sadist Short Boy

              I call your attention to Rich Kids and Sadist and let you decide for yourself.

              My mind immediately leaps to this is a Boy's School version of Maria+Holic, with the same hatred of women and desire to torture a young lesbian as "comedy" at the heart of it.

              It sounds to me (based on just on nothing but my gut) utterly dire. I'm sorry, too, because I respect DMP, but blecch.

              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

              > That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!
              >
              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

            • nanatsusaya_mitamanotsurugi
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                hmm .. sounds interesting... thous it is a wierd concept.. but guess its gonna be fun
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Resop <resop2@...> wrote:

                > Unless the girl finds true love at the school with some other girl whose parents also bought into the ludicrous concept.

              • Lyn
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                  Granted, if this manga plot is being described accurately (which isn't always the case) it doesn't appeal to me. However, a girl in a boys' school (or boys' environment) seems a common enough manga trope. You find it in "This is Greenwood" and "Host Club" and that basketball manga where a girl's father forces her to play on a boys' team. I suspect this story belongs in that genre.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                    ok… this is really downright crappy … the art work is nice and everything… trust me u will be glad u missed this one… i he read upto 7th chapter… and it was a hightly enraging experience… but hen it has nothing to do with yuri… its just a gender bender story...

                    > I have never heard of this series and know nothing about it, but I present for your edification, the list of tags that it had gathered on Baka-Updates:
                    >
                    > All Boys School Androphobia Boarding School Crossdressing Gag LGBT Character in a Non-Yaoi/Yuri Manga Manly/Handsome Female Rich kids Sadist Short Boy
                    >
                    > I call your attention to Rich Kids and Sadist and let you decide for yourself.
                    >
                    > My mind immediately leaps to this is a Boy's School version of Maria+Holic, with the same hatred of women and desire to torture a young lesbian as "comedy" at the heart of it.
                    >
                    > It sounds to me (based on just on nothing but my gut) utterly dire. I'm sorry, too, because I respect DMP, but blecch.

                    > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "puyopop34" <darkchibi07@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > That is one of the most rage-inducing premises I have ever heard. Ugh!!!!
                    > >
                    > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Just in case this hasn't already been posted here: DMP will be getting into yuri with "Hanou Gakuen Misoragumi," about a girl who has feelings for other girls so, to keep her away from girls, her family sends her to a boys' school.

                  • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                      So who here's doing NaNoWriMo?

                      I am. Full determination!

                    • Zovistograt
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
                        I am for the first time!  It's going to be a fun ride =w=

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                          My dream is to be published. (insert starry eyed expression)

                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                            LOlzz my aim is to first start… O.o then for bleedin heaven's sake complete it… @_@