[Spoilers] Utena getting advice from Jury

  • Wunderlampe
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2010
      Since I can't figure out how to get the spoiler space to work, I'm just pasting in random dictionary def:

      –verb (used with object)
      3.
      to provide with a hat; put a hat on.
      —Idioms
      4.
      hat in hand, humbly; respectfully: He approached the boss, hat in hand.

      -----------
      Real Post starts here:

      Just finished rewatching Utena for the seventh time (at least). Thinking about the scene close to the end where Jury, Utena and Miki are playing badminton. It's the point where Jury says "You love Himemiya, don't you?" and Utena responds something like "Not the way you mean love, Jury".

      And the audience promptly goes "keep telling yourself that".

      Just thinking of Jury in a sort of big-sister role to Utena. As in, taking her aside one evening and saying "You do love Anthy in _exactly_ that way, and there's nothing wrong with that. Now have another drink and go and tell her what you need to, before I'm forced to give you a thick ear."

      Your thoughts?
    • Allison P
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 25, 2010
        Well, certainly Utena does love Anthy. It doesn't take very much
        watching of the anime to see that. Lol. To me, they will always be the
        OTP of SKU. Regarding Juri? I could see her advising Utena like that,
        every once in a while at leeast. Arisugawa Juri isn't known for her
        openness or friendliness, but I think she definitely likes and
        respects Utena, and she would want her to be happy with the woman she
        loves. Just my thoughts, though. ^