RE: [Yuricon] Sentaifilmworks add Koihim Musuo

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2010
      No, there's no particular relationship between Sentai and CR. CR licensed the streaming rights from the Japanese company, Sentai licensed the DVD rights.

      One of the more complicated things for fans to understand is that the Japanese licensors keep all the pieces compartmentalized. Digital downloads, Streaming and DVD are completely different things and are handled differently by every company - and sometimes licensed to completely different distributors for whatever reason.

      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      From: vanezzania@...
      Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:02:10 -0700
      Subject: [Yuricon] Sentaifilmworks add Koihim Musuo

      To those who care or liked this anime, which did have a little yuri in it (shrugs), it has been picked up.

      By the way, this makes me think that Sentai and crunchyroll are connected someway

    • Ozan Türkyılmaz
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2010
        2010/10/22 Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...>
        > No, there's no particular relationship between Sentai and CR. CR licensed the streaming rights from the Japanese company, Sentai licensed the DVD rights.
        >

        > One of the more complicated things for fans to understand is that the Japanese licensors keep all the pieces compartmentalized. Digital downloads, Streaming and DVD are completely different things and are handled differently by every company - and sometimes licensed to completely different distributors for whatever reason.

        Whatever reason is being free competition/free market.

        --
        Ozan, BSc, BEng
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 22, 2010
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ozan Türkyılmaz <ozan.turkyilmaz@...> wrote:

          > Whatever reason is being free competition/free market.

          That's one reason, definitely. Sometimes it's prior agreements, country copyright/media laws and very often licensing happens purely because of personal relationships that have been built up over years.