RE: [Yuricon] Potentially OT - Anything Good This Season?

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 14, 2010
      Heartcatch PreCure.

      Tamayura is on all the Yuri lists, no clue if it actually has Yuri, but I liked the second episode enough to keep watching.

      No, you are not wrong. We only get Yuri anime every two years or so right now. It's just like that.

      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: ladystardusthhh@...
      > Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:07:50 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Potentially OT - Anything Good This Season?
      >
      > Hi all,
      > There isn't any yuri anime this season, but I'm looking for something to watch, and I'm willing to settle for anime that require yuri goggles.
      >
      > Was Sasameki Koto really the last yuri series we had, or am I forgetting something? It feels like it's been an aeon since I've watched a real yuri series.
      >
      > Anyway, if there's definitely no trace of yuri this season, I'll settle for any anime that looks promising.
      >
      > As of right now, I'm watching the second season of Tegami Bachi, as well as the second season of To Aru - Index. (I really rather they had made another season to Railgun, but what can you do? At least there's the OVA that's coming out on the 29th.)
      >
      > The above two aside, I haven't spotted anything that sounds very interesting.
      >
      > So, suggestions anyone?

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Ariel Devorah
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 14, 2010
        > Tamayura is on all the Yuri lists, no clue if it actually has Yuri, but I liked the second episode enough to keep watching.

        Ah, yes I gave the first OVA of Tamayura a watch last month since I read that it was directed by the same guy who did Aria. It has that same breezy, flow-y feeling to it; that nice slice of lifiness.
        It escaped my brain.
        Tamayura is being released monthly, I think... I'll have to scribble it on my dry/erase board, or something, since it will undoubtedly slip my mind again.
        Thanks for reminding me. ;) I'll give ep 2 a watch.

        -Ari
      • puyopop34
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 16, 2010
          For yuri slash potential, Squid Girl (in Japanese form, Shinryaku! Ika Musume) is worth a shot. The premise is very similar to Sgt. Frog where instead of an alien frog, it's an anthropomorphizing cute squid girl who want to take over the world due to humans polluting the ocean. Of course that never pans out since ended up working with a group of girls at a beach house.

          Where's the yuri slash comes in? Wait for Crunchyroll to release Episode 2 today. There's a certain brown-haired girl who's a "little" obsessed with Squid Girl.