Maria Watches Over Us Episode 1

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
      I just finished re-(re-re-re-) watching the Nozomi/RightStuf version of Maria Watches Over Us, Episode 1 on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/NozomiEnt and noticed something very interesting.

      Not only am I laughing all over again at the same things (man, those Rosas are evil!) I realized that quite cleverly, the Maria-sama ga Miteru movie actresses are recreating specific expressions from the anime. They know who their audience is - the theaters will be filled with the hardcore anime audience.

      Watch Episode 1, then watch the trailer and you'll see what I mean. Yumi in the movie is the Yumi of the anime - same giant deer-in-the-headlights looks. :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwUX-HaBbdA Watching her being a "hyakkumensou" (giving everything she's thinking away with her expressions) is going to be a hoot. ^_^ O_O -_-;;

    • Allison P
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
        I watched it myself. It was awesome! I really, really wish I could
        read the subtitles (I happen to be blind, so that's out). It still
        rocked, though. The seiyuu were great! I'm a bit confused, however;
        what's on Youtube isn't the anime? I thought it was. But then, I've
        not seen the anime, so I wouldn't know the difference. Lol.

        Oh, and just as a side note, Sachiko! She's awesome. I feel bad for
        her though, I know a bit of her history from the Net, and I can't help
        but feel sorry for her.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Allison P <apocalypseofjon@...> wrote:

          > I watched it myself. It was awesome! I really, really wish I could
          > read the subtitles (I happen to be blind, so that's out). It still
          > rocked, though. The seiyuu were great! I'm a bit confused, however;
          > what's on Youtube isn't the anime? I thought it was. But then, I've
          > not seen the anime, so I wouldn't know the difference. Lol.

          There are two things on Youtube. One is the movie trailer.

          The first episode of the anime is also Youtube, too.
          http://www.youtube.com/NozomiEnt

          I hope you can find someone to watch with you, to read the subtitles for you.

        • Allison P
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
            Okay, I get it. Yeah, I watched the first episode of the anime. I
            didn't know they were putting out out a movie! Very cool.

            Lol. I'm pretty sure I can rope my friend into watching it with me. I
            hope they stream the second one soon!