Read Yuri Manga in Public Day photos!

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2010
      This first picture is a completely staged, random group of strangers all reading Yuri manga from ALC Publishing. ^_^

      http://www.twitpic.com/2j18iy

      This is me, reading "Lesbian Shoujoai," Volume 2, by Senno Knife.

      http://www.twitpic.com/2j195r (I'm not leering, I'm laughing because of the exceedingly pornographic page I opened up to.)

      And yesterday, while waiting for the folks I was having dinner with, I sat in public on a New York Street reading K-ON!, Volume 2 - and laughing out loud.

      I almost always carry a light novel or a manga with me, so I'm often in public reading comics. :)

      Happy Read Comics in Public Day - and happy birthday to the late, great Jack Kirby.

    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2010
        Interesting.

        When you say staged group of strangers do you mean that they are not really strangers or that they are and you grabbed them all off the street and told them to sit for the picture?

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2010
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
          > Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:39:42 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Read Yuri Manga in Public Day photos!
          >
          > Interesting.
          >
          > When you say staged group of strangers do you mean that they are not really strangers or that they are and you grabbed them all off the street and told them to sit for the picture?

          They were all sitting around on the town green, and I asked them to sit for the picture. It came out pretty perfect, I think. I told everyone why I was doing it and offered them the books if they wanted, as thanks.  :-)

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2010
            Thanks everyone who participated in ALC's "Read Yuri Manga in Public Day!"

            I'll announce winners next weekend as part of the Okazu Yuri Network News Report.

            Damn that was fun!