Aoi Hana not on Crunchyroll anymore.

  • puyopop34
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2010
      Hmmm, I don't know if anyone noticed it or not, but it seems Crunchyroll has taken out Aoi Hana from their library:

      http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?p=1821349#1821349

      It would have been nice if they made SOME indication that it was removed, ya know?
    • yoni-1@empathosnation.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2010

        Aoi Hana is available from Play Asia in six volumes.  It's only in Japanese (no subtitles, sorry) and it's quite expensive, over $60.00 dollars for each volume.  It's the original MediaFactory release, and not a bootleg, some other version, so if you're willing to deal with the original language and are willing to fork over a lot of money, it's an option.

        Crunchyroll may have had some copyright issues, or some other contractual issue with MediaFactory that prompted them to remove it.  You can always contact them and ask why, or even petition them to restore it.

        Charuko

        On August 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM puyopop34 <darkchibi07@...> wrote:

        Hmmm, I don't know if anyone noticed it or not, but it seems Crunchyroll has taken out Aoi Hana from their library:

        http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?p=1821349#1821349

        It would have been nice if they made SOME indication that it was removed, ya know?

        中町茶流子
        Nakamachi Charuko

        Mrs. Cheryl J.Mason-Middleton
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/nakamachicharuko
      • puyopop34
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
          Though I kind of wish this to be an indication that someone in the U.S. licensed the series. I think it had happened a few times before.

        • Kim @ Shego ROCK!
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010

            According to CrunchyRoll, their contract to broadcast Aoi Hana expired, as it was only for one year from the last episode airdate, so they had no choice but to remove the series.