"Read Yuri Manga in Public" Day Contest!

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 25, 2010
      This Saturday is "Read Comics in Public Day". ALC wants to encourage this, so, we're doing a contest! Take a picture of yourself reading a Yuri manga in public and you'll be eligible for prizes like a "I love Yuri" T-shirt or even a Amazon gift certificate!

      Post your pictures here, on the Yuricon and ALC Publishing Facebook page or send us a link @Yuricon on Twitter and you're in the pool!

    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 26, 2010
        Okay!
        Luckily I have a wonderful place to take a picture close by. As it is near by I can work in my other major hobby, showing off all the manga I have bought. I thought it would be a good idea to show all the manga you can buy in English (a few there are in Japanese) considering this is also the Yuricon 10th anniversary.

        Reading volume one of Iono-sama in the first and Gunjo in the other.

        http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/leonhelpedme/DSC00840.jpg

        http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/leonhelpedme/DSC00841.jpg

        > Post your pictures here, on the Yuricon and ALC Publishing Facebook >page or send us a link @Yuricon on Twitter and you're in the pool!

      • Jo Wagner
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 26, 2010
          Nice pic and nice outfit!  What series are the green,red and black covered books in the left pile?  I don't recognize it.

          --
          "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib
        • Jo Wagner
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 26, 2010
            Oh neat, thanks for the heads up!  Looks like a really neat series.  I'm glad I asked. :)

            On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 09:32, mara_papimer <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

            Hard to say, from what I see there are no books that have all three colours on the covers.

            I think you may be referring to the Jormungand volumes if it is the left set of three.

            I know Jormungand is not really yuri but I like it a lot and Valmet is entertaining in every scene she is in. Although there should be more Mildo! She is even more psychotic (meaning fun).

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 26, 2010
              Good to hear.

              And thank you very much for the complement.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 26, 2010
                Fantastic!! That put a smile on my face for sure. :-)

              • jurichan@rocketmail.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 27, 2010
                  I decided that the Kangaroos outside my office needed to be read Utena
                  :)

                  http://www.weblogimages.com/v.p?uid=Juri&pid=641601&sid=mtI07eKLW7

                  Not sure if they heard me, they were pretty far away! Luckily everyone
                  else out on lunch break was well informed :P