RE: [Yuricon] ALC Books

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2010
      Hi Lyn -

      I'm very glad you enjoyed the books.

      We have been working on many things behind the scenes - some of them are projects that did not work, so you never saw anything. Some are in progress. You can be sure that whenever there is anything to report, I'll trumpet it to the heavens. ^_^

      I will tell you this - because of the rapidly changing nature of the manga publishing and distribution side of the industry and the requirements of readers, there's a good chance that anything we do going forward will be electronic only. It's simply not sustainable for a small, niche publisher to be printing books with so few avenues of distribution anymore.

      In any case, I'll be sure to tell you when there's news!

      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: lynmarenjensen@...
      > Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 17:17:29 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] ALC Books
      >
      > I just wanted to let you know that I (finally) got to read "Rica tte Kanji" and "Yuri Monogatari 4" these past couple of weeks and they're so cute! (Funny, I call yaoi beautiful and yuri cute...) The "Yuri Monogatari" series are wonderful short stories that just happen to be in graphic form. When will the next isssue be out?

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Lyn
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
        I don't know if ALC books are print-on-demand or not, but that's one way to keep paperback copies available when you don't (for whatever reason) want to do a print run of 1,000 copies or whatever.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
          Thanks, Lyn, we're well aware of our options. :-)