RE: [Yuricon] First Anime With Yuri main and/or sub plot

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2010
      That's very much going to depend on how you define "Yuri." I'm not trying to be difficult, but because Yuri is so subjective and people see different things as Yuri, you could have a number of series that fit that criteria.

      In Ribon no Kishi, from 1967, the main character Safire is a cross-dressing girl; another princess throws herself at her.

      Most of what is considered "Yuri" Anime showed up in the 1990s. You might consider "Oniisama E" an early Yuri anime (1990) but "Sailor Moon S" (1995-6) is pretty famous for having the first lesbian couple in a TV anime.