Yuri in Ribon Comics

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2010
      Probably a few of you are familiar with Ribon Magazine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribon) a shoujo monthly magazine that runs in Japan.
      One of the current series is "Blue Friend" a story that starts out Yuri (and is quickly destined to leave it, but for now...)
      Ayumu is good at sports and popular and Misuzu is slightly creepy, totally distant from everyone and hates men.
      In chapter 1, Misuzu kisses Ayumu, who spends most of chapter 2 wondering what it meant. Misuzu says it was just between friends, but Ayumu doesn't know, really, if it was.
      When a guy tries to get close to Ayumu, Misuzu drives him away. Ayumu defends Misuzu when some girls are gossiping about her being "that way," but, again, has no idea what's up with Misuzu.
      My guess is that the story will ultimately be non-Yuri, but I don't think I've even seen fake Yuri in Ribon before, so I'll follow it until it becomes intolerable...which out to be about chapter 4. :-)