RE: [Yuricon] [OT] Re: How to ruin the great classics of literature - anime style

  • Elwin Coldiron
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
      Like to see an anime version (classic) of 'Moby Dick' - with Sir Patrick Steward as the voice of Ahab!  I would also like to hear who would be voiced for Ishmael, Queequeg and Starbuck.

      Blaine

      "When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
      Stephen W. Hawking

      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      From: pretty.cure@...
      Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 11:33:35 +0800
      Subject: Re: [Yuricon] [OT] Re: How to ruin the great classics of literature - anime style

      I know this seems a bit ..off course...but the best Hamlet for me is now David Tennant vs Patrick Stewart.  The version was sooo good.  And Tennant's reading of the famous "To be.." monologue was the MOST believable version I've ever seen captured on film.

      Kumi.

      On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 1:49 AM, EricaF <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Andromeda" <shinjucommittingseppuku@...> wrote:

      > I saw a terrifically bad OEL adaptation of Hamlet once... Not only was it quite poorly drawn, they cut gobs of the original text out. I understand editing down for time/length but cutting so much out... it just makes me sad.

      The Skinhead Hamlet completely changed that play for me forever. Best adaptation I've ever read - or performed.

      ...only adaptation I've ever performed, now that I think about it.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
         Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

      http://www.daresensei.net/