Re: [Yuricon] Re: How to ruin the great classics of literature - anime style

  • Zovistograt
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 4, 2010
      Miyuki-chan in Wonderland.

      I think it's self-explanatory for anybody who has had the misfortune of viewing this.

      On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 3:37 PM, mara_papimer <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

      I shall raise the stakes here to reading the classic altering my expectations of the anime.

      In my case having read 'The Count of Monte Cristo' made me fair too optimistic about the ending of the anime 'Gankutsuou'. So I was not at all prepared for the very different final resolve of Edmond.

      (and also the very different fate of Eugénie Danglars, but that was less shocking.)

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 4, 2010
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Zovistograt <zovistograt@...> wrote:

        > Miyuki-chan in Wonderland.
        >
        > I think it's self-explanatory for anybody who has had the misfortune of
        > viewing this.

        You know what scarred me most about that? The music. Ow-owowowowowow.

      • Ellen Kuhfeld
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 4, 2010
          Message
          It may be perverse, but I rather liked the music to Miyuki-chan.

          Ellen

          > I think it's self-explanatory for anybody who has had the misfortune of
          > viewing this.

          You know what scarred me most about that? The music. Ow-owowowowowow.

        • Andromeda
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
            I saw a terrifically bad OEL adaptation of Hamlet once... Not only was it quite poorly drawn, they cut gobs of the original text out. I understand editing down for time/length but cutting so much out... it just makes me sad.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Andromeda" <shinjucommittingseppuku@...> wrote:

              > I saw a terrifically bad OEL adaptation of Hamlet once... Not only was it quite poorly drawn, they cut gobs of the original text out. I understand editing down for time/length but cutting so much out... it just makes me sad.

              The Skinhead Hamlet completely changed that play for me forever. Best adaptation I've ever read - or performed.

              ...only adaptation I've ever performed, now that I think about it.

            • Kumiko Yamazaki
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
                I know this seems a bit ..off course...but the best Hamlet for me is now David Tennant vs Patrick Stewart.  The version was sooo good.  And Tennant's reading of the famous "To be.." monologue was the MOST believable version I've ever seen captured on film.

                Kumi.

                On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 1:49 AM, EricaF <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Andromeda" <shinjucommittingseppuku@...> wrote:

                > I saw a terrifically bad OEL adaptation of Hamlet once... Not only was it quite poorly drawn, they cut gobs of the original text out. I understand editing down for time/length but cutting so much out... it just makes me sad.

                The Skinhead Hamlet completely changed that play for me forever. Best adaptation I've ever read - or performed.

                ...only adaptation I've ever performed, now that I think about it.

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
                   Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                --
                =============================
                Dare Sensei - The Legend of the Doctor - changed.

                http://www.daresensei.net/

              • Elwin Coldiron
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
                  Like to see an anime version (classic) of 'Moby Dick' - with Sir Patrick Steward as the voice of Ahab!  I would also like to hear who would be voiced for Ishmael, Queequeg and Starbuck.

                  Blaine

                  "When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
                  Stephen W. Hawking

                  To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  From: pretty.cure@...
                  Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 11:33:35 +0800