[Off-topic, but perhaps relevant] Condescension in Comics on HU

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2010
      Hi all -

      I must be winning some kind of award for "non-paying, questionably important, but somehow satisfying, writing gigs." :-)

      I am now a monthly columnist for the Hooded Utilitarian, an exceedingly pedantic, erudite and amusing blog associated with The Comics Journal. I "debuted" last month and weathered having my very self shredded into teeny little concepts accompanied by gigantic words. :-)

      This month I take a deeper look at my thoughts on "condescension in comics" as expressed by two of the absolutely worst comics I've ever seen published, Tantric Stripfighter Trina (Tokyopop) and Executive Assistant Iris (Aspen Comics.) I have a lot of fun with this rant and hope I also make some good points. The owner of the blog immediately tells me why I'm wrong in the comments. I had a good laugh at that. It's a tough crowd over at HU.

      Anyway, here's the post: http://bit.ly/d7XyX8

      If you have a second, feel free to weigh in in the comments. Pedantry welcome! :-)