RE: [Yuricon] The Summer of Simoun

  • annelise vlacich
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
      Wow perfect timing! I haven't watched it yet and  what a better time to get into the fandom than now? :D
      I'm so excited to start, I've heard so many great reviews.

      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      From: adam@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 21:15:21 +0100
      Subject: [Yuricon] The Summer of Simoun

      Since I don't recall seeing an announcement here, and it seems pretty
      much on-topic, I thought I should post a quick announcement:

      Over at the Simoun Sibyllae community on LiveJournal, the impressively
      energetic Chibi Rachy (aka DigiExpert) has been organising the Summer of
      Simoun, running from now until the end of August.

      The idea of the project is to encourage as many fans of this wonderful
      show as possible to take part in all manner of fannish activity -
      fanfiction, fanart, cosplay, episode marathons, or just about anything
      else you can think of - in order to share the love of the series and, of
      course, to have a lot of fun in the process.

      Everyone's welcome, even if you just want to see what everyone's doing
      and maybe post a comment or two:

      http://community.livejournal.com/simoun_sibyllae/

      (And if you've not seen the show, you're missing out on a yuri anime
      classic. The thin-pack DVD box sets are quite ludicrously cheap, so
      there's no excuse. :)
      .oO("Am I going to hell for playing air guitar on my cat?" )

    • chibirachy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
        We'd be happy to have you aboard! New fans are always welcomed into Summer of Simoun, and we are going to do weekly (hopefully 2 times a week though) episode discussion bits as well. I plan to get all my ideas together. Come keep an eye on us on LJ or join in if you find you enjoy the series :)

        Or just shoot me a message any time.