Shootout Champ

  • Val
    Message 1 of 14 , May 22 7:13 AM
      Greetings to the fine folk of Yuricon!

      I'm hoping that you could all help me with a little debate I'm having with some friends.

      In your opinion, who would win in a shootout between Kirika (from Noir), Rally (from Gunsmith Cats) and Revy (Black Lagoon).

      I know that Revy isn't exactly a Yuri character, but she's just so badass I can't ignore her. *grins*

      Feel free to add in other "girls with guns" characters you know and love. I'm always on the lookout for more characters to fall in love with.

      Cheers!
      Val
    • Elwin Coldiron
      Message 2 of 14 , May 22 7:38 AM
        How about Rushuna Tendo from 'Grenadier' and Madlax from 'Madlax'?

        Blaine

        "When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
        Stephen W. Hawking

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: szeweii@...
        > Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 14:13:15 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Shootout Champ
        >
        > Greetings to the fine folk of Yuricon!
        >
        > I'm hoping that you could all help me with a little debate I'm having with some friends.
        >
        > In your opinion, who would win in a shootout between Kirika (from Noir), Rally (from Gunsmith Cats) and Revy (Black Lagoon).
        >
        > I know that Revy isn't exactly a Yuri character, but she's just so badass I can't ignore her. *grins*
        >
        > Feel free to add in other "girls with guns" characters you know and love. I'm always on the lookout for more characters to fall in love with.
        >
        > Cheers!
        > Val

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Patrick Shaffer
        Message 3 of 14 , May 22 8:16 AM
          Faye Valentine? MJR. Motoko Kusanagi?

        • yadez105@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , May 22 12:38 PM
            What about Madlax from Madlax

            Message 5 of 14 , May 22 12:43 PM
              But to answer your question I would have to say Kirika from Noir.

              From: yadez105@...
              Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 19:38:16 +0000
              To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Shootout Champ

              What about Madlax from Madlax

              Message 6 of 14 , May 22 12:56 PM
                2010/5/22 Val <szeweii@...>

                Greetings to the fine folk of Yuricon!

                I'm hoping that you could all help me with a little debate I'm having with some friends.

                In your opinion, who would win in a shootout between Kirika (from Noir), Rally (from Gunsmith Cats) and Revy (Black Lagoon).

                i watched all of this shows and noone can kill Kirika, she is plain cold killing machine.

                --
                Ozan

              • Val
                Message 7 of 14 , May 22 9:41 PM
                  Exactly my argument! She's an assassin, who kills others with no problems.

                  Rally's a crack shot, but she mostly tries to disarm, not kill. Revy on the other hand, is proficient in the use of more than just guns.

                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ozan Türkyılmaz <ozan.turkyilmaz@...> wrote:

                  > 2010/5/22 Val <szeweii@...>
                  >

                  > > Greetings to the fine folk of Yuricon!
                  > >
                  > > I'm hoping that you could all help me with a little debate I'm having with
                  > > some friends.
                  > >
                  > > In your opinion, who would win in a shootout between Kirika (from Noir),
                  > > Rally (from Gunsmith Cats) and Revy (Black Lagoon).
                  > >
                  > i watched all of this shows and noone can kill Kirika, she is plain cold
                  > killing machine.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Ozan

                • Allan M
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 23 8:53 PM
                    Well what about Jo from Burst Angel(Bakuretsu Tenshi)? She is quite a handful

                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <szeweii@...> wrote:

                    > Greetings to the fine folk of Yuricon!
                    >
                    > I'm hoping that you could all help me with a little debate I'm having with some friends.
                    >
                    > In your opinion, who would win in a shootout between Kirika (from Noir), Rally (from Gunsmith Cats) and Revy (Black Lagoon).
                    >
                    > I know that Revy isn't exactly a Yuri character, but she's just so badass I can't ignore her. *grins*
                    >
                    > Feel free to add in other "girls with guns" characters you know and love. I'm always on the lookout for more characters to fall in love with.
                    >
                    > Cheers!
                    > Val

                  • Val
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 24 12:51 AM
                      When you mentioned Jo, the first image that came to mind was of Revy firing RPG's towards Jango. =P

                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Allan M" <poor_mario1@...> wrote:

                      > Well what about Jo from Burst Angel(Bakuretsu Tenshi)? She is quite a handful
                      >
                      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <szeweii@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Greetings to the fine folk of Yuricon!
                      > >
                      > > I'm hoping that you could all help me with a little debate I'm having with some friends.
                      > >
                      > > In your opinion, who would win in a shootout between Kirika (from Noir), Rally (from Gunsmith Cats) and Revy (Black Lagoon).
                      > >
                      > > I know that Revy isn't exactly a Yuri character, but she's just so badass I can't ignore her. *grins*
                      > >
                      > > Feel free to add in other "girls with guns" characters you know and love. I'm always on the lookout for more characters to fall in love with.
                      > >
                      > > Cheers!
                      > > Val

                    • Lyn
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 24 11:28 AM
                        Those whose thing is women with guns, don't forget the "Bambi and Her Pink Gun" manga.

                        Message 11 of 14 , May 24 7:02 PM
                          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <szeweii@...> wrote:

                          > Greetings to the fine folk of Yuricon!
                          >
                          > I'm hoping that you could all help me with a little debate I'm having with some friends.
                          >
                          > In your opinion, who would win in a shootout between Kirika (from Noir), Rally (from Gunsmith Cats) and Revy (Black Lagoon).

                          You know what would be fun? A shooting contest between Kirika, Madlax and Nadie. To fond out which one would be the baddest shot of the bunch. :-)

                        • Ah... Me
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 25 5:38 PM
                            YES!!!
                            However, Will the rumored 4th series from Bee Train ever happen!??? The totally vague rumor that all 3 series (Noir, Madlax, & El Cazador) are set in the same world.... Will they ever mix?
                            I for one, would love to see it!
                            Kirika is quietly deadly, Madlax is the kind and graceful killer, while Nadie is just so bubbly compared to the other two.

                            Oh, something to think about... if one were to include magical bullets... Nanoha and Teana might spring into mind... I'd lean towards Nanoha as the more precise Shooter between the two... only because she's a little older, with more experience...

                            Just my thoughts,

                            Thespi
                            The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
                            better slave race, YET.

                            "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." -- James Madison

                            You know what would be fun? A shooting contest between Kirika, Madlax and Nadie. To fond out which one would be the baddest shot of the bunch. :-)

                          • JoSelle Vanderhooft
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 25 7:57 PM
                              Well, since we're adding onto a list here, I've got to throw out Dominique the Cyclops from Trigun. I know she's not identified as queer, but damn, I want her on my team ;)

                              - Jo

                              --
                              Author, poet and editor:
                              Latest publication: Sleeping Beauty Indeed (http://tinyurl.com/sleepingbeautyindeed)

                              For more information visit http://www.joselle-vanderhooft.com, JoSelle's Official Site
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 30 9:02 AM
                                > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                                > From: thirohk@...
                                > Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:15:07 +0000
                                > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Shootout Champ
                                >

                                > Okay, arriving late to this conversation. As regards Revy, I'm none to sure that she & Eda don't fall into the "fight together/try to kill each other/have sex all over the place/repeat" dynamic.

                                While I don't actually see that in the manga, I would be the happiest person in the world if they did. LOL I so desperately want Black Lagoon to have a little Yuri, so I can review it on Okazu. It's one of my favorite manga series. At least Jormungand has a consistent Yuri side thing that gives me a good excuse. :-)

                                I can't help but notice that my actual faves are series about people who kill other people for a living, or who fight constantly, with heaps of nasty violence and teeny weeny driblets of Yuri. I'm apparently quite consistent. All this sugary romance and women liking other women...pah, for weaklings!